Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

2 x Explora 2A and 1 x 4S Decoder Xtraview

4 REPLIES 4
New poster

Re: 2 x Explora 2A and 1 x 4S Decoder Xtraview

Hi there. Go to the satellite settings of the 4s decoder and check that the LNB type is set to unicablel/satcr. BLUE menu button on remote then scroll to settings>satellite settings

Change country type from universal to unicablel/satcr

https://aisatellite.co.za

@kas-burner wrote:

Hi,

Looking for some advice please. I had the following setup. SLNB (LMX501) and had a Explora 2A connected to the unicable port A on the SLNB, another Explora 2A connected to the unicable port B on the SLNB, then a 4U decoder connected to the unicable port C on the SLNB. Then behind the 4U I had a diplexer that was connected as follow – the cable from port C on the SLNB is connected to the I/O port, then a cable from the ANT port to the RF IN port on the 4U and the a cable from the SAT port on the diplexer to the LNB IN port on the 4U. This worked for over a year. The 4U started giving problems, went to MC and they swapped the 4U for a 4S. Was told it will work when connected. I got home connected the decoder and got a no signal error. Check cabling no problem – I then swapped the cable going to the 4S from the unicable port C on the SLNB to the universal port D on the SLNB and this solved the signal problem. I then got a waiting for primary decoder error (heartbeat). Do I now need to remove the diplexer and install a cable from the primary Explora 2A to the 4S or why is the diplexer not working. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Just need to get a HB on the 4S

Thanks for your time

New poster

Thanks a million guys, it worked perfectly when switched back to port C unicable and user band settings changed to 6 etc. Have a nice day everyone!

Red Carpet

What are the network settings doe the 4S? The default will not work as they will clash with those used by the Explora decoders.

You can not feed HB via the SLNB on the Universal port, it MUST be connected to port C on the SLNB via a diplexer.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
BoxOffice

The original setup should work but the no signal error indicates that the new decoder caused  user band conflict. You need to move the antenna cable back to port C as the heart beat cannot be transmitted via the universal port, Then make sure that the three decoders home network  settings are set to decoder 1, 2 and 3 using the quick setup wizard. They cannot share the same user bands. Change only one decoder at a time with the other two switched  off and rescan after the changes are made.  

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
New poster

2 x Explora 2A and 1 x 4S Decoder Xtraview

Hi,

Looking for some advice please. I had the following setup. SLNB (LMX501) and had a Explora 2A connected to the unicable port A on the SLNB, another Explora 2A connected to the unicable port B on the SLNB, then a 4U decoder connected to the unicable port C on the SLNB. Then behind the 4U I had a diplexer that was connected as follow – the cable from port C on the SLNB is connected to the I/O port, then a cable from the ANT port to the RF IN port on the 4U and the a cable from the SAT port on the diplexer to the LNB IN port on the 4U. This worked for over a year. The 4U started giving problems, went to MC and they swapped the 4U for a 4S. Was told it will work when connected. I got home connected the decoder and got a no signal error. Check cabling no problem – I then swapped the cable going to the 4S from the unicable port C on the SLNB to the universal port D on the SLNB and this solved the signal problem. I then got a waiting for primary decoder error (heartbeat). Do I now need to remove the diplexer and install a cable from the primary Explora 2A to the 4S or why is the diplexer not working. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Just need to get a HB on the 4S

Thanks for your time