Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

3 Decoder installation with TRIAX Splitter (2x4) to 3 extra TV's

2 REPLIES 2
Anime

Re: 3 Decoder installation with TRIAX Splitter (2x4) to 3 extra TV's

Hi GeoffD

I used the simpler (Ellies) AV Modulator before but apparently cannot have remote control at extra TV's. Then I used another AV Modulator more simuler to this one but only with the one part that has an IR connection. But although I see this one also has an IR connection on the TV Link MOD (AV) I was told the to parts must work together in the setup. Can you suggest a more simpler device that I can use instead of all that complicated devices like you say please?

Highlighted
Red Carpet

Re: 3 Decoder installation with TRIAX Splitter (2x4) to 3 extra TV's

Yes, should work.

You could consider a simple T-piece as well if the AS2F has too much attenuation.

Why the complicated IR extension devices?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Anime

3 Decoder installation with TRIAX Splitter (2x4) to 3 extra TV's

Explora 3A (Primary) and Explora 2A (1st Secondary)  connected through a TRIAX Splitter (2x4) to 3 extra TV's. Both decoders can be viewed on the 3 extra TV's with remote control and working fine.

I have a "TV Link MOD (AV)" with it's "REM-SLX IR Link" to the Explora 3A connected then to the "RF in" of TRIAX Splitter (2x4) and the Explora 2A "RF OUT" connected to the other "RF in" on the TRIAX Splitter (2x4).

Now I need to install a HD Model 5S/U decoder as a 2nd Secondary decoder also with a "TV Link MOD (AV)" with it's "REM-SLX IR Link" to the setup, but the TRIAX Splitter (2x4) only has 2 "inputs".

Now without need to replace the TRIAX Splitter (2x4) will it work if I use a AS2F Splitter (2-way both DC pass) and connect the Explora 3A and the HD Model 5S/U decoders to the "RF OUT" ports and the "RF in" to the one input of the TRIAX Splitter (2x4) and then the "RF OUT" of Explora 2A decoder connected to the other input of the TRIAX Splitter (2x4). Or will a normal T-piece also work instead of the AS2F. 

I set the decoders to UHF channels 48,54 and 58 in this case for example.

Please see my diagram attach and let me know if this will work or inform me with a better solution that will stil be cost affective.

Thank you.