Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

5 decoders on lmx 501 SLNB

SOLVED
8 REPLIES 8
Showmaxed

Re: 5 decoders on lmx 501 SLNB

Small typo from Geoff - the LMX 502 only offers 2 x Unicable ports, so two of those units wouldn't supply enough for 5 decoders, at least one would need to be the LMX 501.

BTW, sooner or later a MS will no longer be able to help anyone anyway, Hi Band is understood to be coming (there's activity by MC but it's not confirmed) which can't be incorporated with that equipment.

Red Carpet

One antenna:

Replace LMX 501 with a Quad/Quattro LNB, feeding two cascaded 24-1Z switches. You cannot connect 24-1Z switches to an SLNB LMX 501, must be a Quad Universal/Quattro LNB.

Two Antennas: 

Each equipped with either an LMX 501; or,

one equipped with an LMX 501 and the other with an LMX 502Z.

(hope this is now clearer, which is what I meant)

Note LMX 500 SLNB are not available anymore, so the 2 x 4 MS will not be possible.

PS: BTW, the 24-1Z has 4 Unicable ports

MSUDSTV-MUD.jpg

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Highlighted
New poster

Thanks GeoffD

I already have the 3 decoders on extraview with the HB via SLX splitter, then i would only need one 24-1Z switch or even the dreaded cheaper option- a second dish?

New poster

Hahaha figured as much

@Optimist wrote:

Nope, installer is either incompetent or doesn't understand the details of the query.

Red Carpet

Short answer is NO.

The LMX 501 has 3 Unicable ports and 1 universal port. Therefore it can only support 4 decoders, of which one would have to be on a universal connection.

Next, if you are feeding the HB  via the SLNB , then only ONE  Uniview setup will be possible on the SLNB with 3 decoders. The 4th decoder will have to be on its own subscription.

The only way to use 1 antenna with two independent Uniview setup, will be to install a Quad LNB feeding 2 cascaded 24-1Z switches each used for a separate Uniview subscription.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

Nope, installer is either incompetent or doesn't understand the details of the query.

New poster

Thanks for your reply and knowledge.

I heard from an installer saying a 2x4 multiswitch on the SLNB  would work but im too sure on that.

Showmaxed

Hi, no not possible. Unless you get hold of a Unicable splitter that works, which still isn't a good idea with MC's odd and changing structures.

Probably still cost effective to get;

1. A second dish and SLNB

OR

2. A LMX 500 if you can find one

OR

3. A Quad LNB (Quatro would also do) with a 24-1Z Smart Switch

I'll leave any more to the others, when they're available.

New poster

5 decoders on lmx 501 SLNB

Hi guys

It it possible to 5 decoders all working from a Lmx 501 SLNB, i have an explora 2 on extraview with 2x 4u decoders and want to add an explora 3 on extrview with 5s decoders. Is there a splitter that would allow for all 5 decoders on one dish or any solution?