Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

A7 Anniversary remote does not work with my HD PVR

SOLVED
4 REPLIES 4
Anime

Re: A7 Anniversary remote does not work with my HD PVR

As you say, their naming is not at all clear.  Also their logic.  They know I have an HD PVR, yet they send me a free gift that is useless to me!  But then that is only to be expected from a company that only wants my money.  I guess they think I will go out and buy an Explorer.  Well they are wrong.

Anyone want a nice gold A7 remote?  Going cheep!

Anime

Thanks for the manual reference.  It however states that the only programmable functions are TV POWER, AV, VOL+, VOL-and MUTE.  so not going to work

Showmaxed

Nope, only for volume relaying, and I presume maybe power relaying as well, usually designed for things like a surround sound amp. They never included the true programming that the manual suggests and exhaustive enquiries with MC managers etc. led to zero results on the old forum.

Note that a "HD Decoder" is not a "HD PVR", which is another example why MC should use more clear descriptions.

View solution in original post

BoxOffice

As per the doc that comes with it : "Only works with DStv HD Decoders and DStv Exploras", assuming that's out of the box. But it is programmable, so you can probably teach it, using your PVR remote

See manual over here 

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Anime

A7 Anniversary remote does not work with my HD PVR

Having been with DSTv for 30 years they sent me an A7 remote as a free gift.  It specifies that it works with the Explorer and HD PVR decoders (they know which decoder I have and would surely NOT have sent me a remote that won't work with my decoder?  Or would they?)

It looks great and it has extra buttons that turn my TV on/off and choose the source with the AV button.  So I know the remote is working and th lights all come on.  But it refuses to do ANYTHING to my decoder.  I have tried in all 3 modes and set up the decoder to accept all three modes but no cigar.

Do I put this away for if I eventually get an Explorer?  Do I sell it?  Can I make it work somehow?