Welcome to Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Clearing No communication from Primary Decoder E143-4 (Extra view connection)

2 REPLIES
Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: Clearing No communication from Primary Decoder E143-4 (Extra view connection)

My apologies. The 5-2 switch only support 5 user bands and with the Explora 1 and Explora 2A mix you need 6 user bands as the two models cannot share user bands. You will have the change the switch to a 24-1Z which have sufficient users band to accommodate the  different model Exploras.

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S6   Samsung Tab
Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: Clearing No communication from Primary Decoder E143-4 (Extra view connection)

You will need to establish a heart beat connection between the two decoders. Explora 1 to Explora 2A can use a cable connection between the RF out to the RF IN ports on the decoders 

You will also need change the User band indexes on the home network of one of the decoders the eliminated UB conflicts , You can that by using the UB Wizard taking the Decoder 2 option.  

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S6   Samsung Tab
New poster

Clearing No communication from Primary Decoder E143-4 (Extra view connection)

So I got the explora 2A decoder. Decided to put the explora 1 decoder in my bedroom as a secondary decoder. We stay in a complex so I have the 5.2 switch connected. There are two cables from the wall to the switch then I have connected the primary decoder (explora 2A) to port A then connected secondary decoder to port B.

But on the secondary decoder it says that No communication from Primary Decoder E143-4. I am not sure what I am missing.