Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DSTV Explora and 5S extra view.

SOLVED
50 REPLIES 50
Red Carpet

Re: DSTV Explora and 5S extra view.

no, you did not!  That diagram is WRONG!

So either you drew the diagram wrong or the wiring is not the same as in your diagram.

Fix the diagram or your post WILL be removed.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Viewer

This is how i solved my issue with the heart beat cable

Viewer

Red Carpet

What exactly did you have in place? 

An extension to another TV via RF is not an XV setup.

The operators mostly do not know how to break an existing XV link. So, if you did have one in place previously, then that should have been broken before the old decoder was removed and replaced with the new one.

Did you send the operator the same pic?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

Absolute nonsense, only they can do their side of it - ask for their supervisor.

Hope they didn't send you here, as MC policy says this isn't a customer touchpoint.

Viewer

Juat hot Explora installed as replacement for HD PVR 2U. I was instructed to contact Multichoice for migration of the subscription to Explora, but a Multichoice consultant indicated she couldn't do it because on her side it indicated that there was a Xtraview connection leading nowhere and tha that cable would have to be disconnected first before she could activate the migration on her side. She however indicated that she doesn't know how that is done.

The current connection is like this:

Viewer

Juat hot Explora installed as replacement for HD PVR 2U. I was instructed to contact Multichoice for migration of the subscription to Explora, but a Multichoice consultant indicated she couldn't do it because on her side it indicated that there was a Xtraview connection leading nowhere and tha that cable would have to be disconnected first before she could activate the migration on her side. She however indicated that she doesn't know how that is done.

The current connection is like this:

Highlighted
Red Carpet

The 5U and the 5S decoders only work properly with an SLNB LMX 500, 501, 502.

Next, these decoders no longer have RF ports, so RF distribution becomes tricky.

The decoders are designed to be installed in the rooms where TVs are and work best with TVs equipped with HDMI ports, though AV ports are still available.

So, please describe what you want to do and then we can possibly help.

Showmaxed

Sorry, I don't help anymore. Someone else will likely assist.

New poster

Pls pls i need help with extra view installation from 5U to 5U

@Optimist @