Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Dish alignmrnt cell App

SOLVED
4 REPLIES
Doccie

Re: Dish alignmrnt cell App

Thanks it was the compass calibration that did it. Edited my original post. It should have been 60 deg not 6.

We need to trim a few branches off a tree.

Doin' it 4 Tv

And as Geoff mentioned ensure loction (GPS) is turned on.

Explora 2A (primary) Pace HD PVR 2P (XV)  SLNB LMX501  Samsung S6   Samsung Tab
Doin' it 4 Tv

Two things to keep in mind

1 There are thousand of satellites. Make sure that he app is set to detect Intelsat 20 68.47E or Intelsat 36 68.54E Those are the two satellites MC currently uses for South Africa.

2 You need to first ensure that the phone's compass is properly calibrated after you removed all magnetic objects metal or electronics that can interfere with the compass. The phone needs to be moved around in small figure 8 movements to calibrate. 

I have a compass app installed on my phone which I use to align my caravan dish base plate so I do the calibration before I use the compass. Some compass apps will cause the Phone to vibrate when it is calibrated other have a indicator that turn green. 

Explora 2A (primary) Pace HD PVR 2P (XV)  SLNB LMX501  Samsung S6   Samsung Tab
BoxOffice

Compass is not calibrated or is being affected by some or other metal objects around it.

As Jan indicated the only way this works is to ensure the phone is not in any cover with metal in it and away from all metal objects.  then you need to ensure it is properly calibrated and verify that the GPS is set up properly.  App does not work correctly without GPS functionality working. Sure the phone has a GPS receiver?

Location, based on cell triangulation is not accurate enough.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Highlighted
Doccie

Dish alignmrnt cell App

@Jan-Horn

I have downloaded the app but when I try to use it, it points me in a direction about 60 deg to the left of where I know the satellite ought to be.

What am I doing wrong?