Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Dstv 4S + 5U xtraview set-up

9 REPLIES 9
Red Carpet

Re: Dstv 4S + 5U xtraview set-up

@OptimsticNorman wrote:

have a similar set up the heart beat on the 4s went into a diaplexer worked for a while had to contact a tech to fix the problem DYNAMIC DSTV SOLUTIONS 021 839 2237 / 071 077 6307

So what did they do to fix the problem?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

have a similar set up the heart beat on the 4s went into a diaplexer worked for a while had to contact a tech to fix the problem DYNAMIC DSTV SOLUTIONS 021 839 2237 / 071 077 6307

Red Carpet

@QWM247 wrote:

Alright, lets start from beginning, I have 4 series and 5 series, want to make 4 series primary decoder, both are connected to Smart LNB. So where would i connect heartbeat cable because the 5 series does not RF in or out?

With the SLNB, connect the 4 series to port A, the 5 series to port B.

Now to sort out the HB.

There are two ways. The one is to run a separate HB cable between the decoders and install a diplexer behind the 5 series.

The other way is to install the diplexer behind the 4 series which does away with the separate HB cable.

Unfortunately, quite a few cases have been reported where this second option may not work.

For option one, it is the same as the link I referee you to.

For option two, the diplexer is installed behind the 4 series decoder. The SLNB cable gets connected to the I/O port on the diplexer. The SAT port gets connected to the LNB port on the 4 series. The ANT  port is connected to the RF OUT/IN port on the 4 series decoder.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

The diplexer you need to buy (it's cheap) will create a simplified RF connection for you - see the threads I gave links to for the details.

New poster

Alright, lets start from beginning, I have 4 series and 5 series, want to make 4 series primary decoder, both are connected to Smart LNB. So where would i connect heartbeat cable because the 5 series does not RF in or out?

Red Carpet

Okay then the only difference is to configure both decoders for satcr/Unicable working. Try and avoid usingvthe installation wizard and rather configure the decoders manually. Set the 4 series decoder to use UB 0, which is probably the default, and the 5 series decoder to use UBs 3,4.

The rest stays the same.

Alternatively, IF you don't want to run the separate HB cable, you could install the diplexer behind the 4 series decoder.

If you are interested in this option tell us which decoder you intend making the Primary decoder.

New poster

Its a Smart LNB

Red Carpet

See the other thread in to s section dealing with the 4U combined with a 5S. The principle is the same.

The only issue is you need to tell us what type of LNB is installed.

Red Carpet

Hi, have a look at these two threads;

Extraview 4U + 5s decoder setup

Using the Aerial King diplexer model "001-M01-017"

(the labels are usually the same as these regardless of make & model)

New poster

Dstv 4S + 5U xtraview set-up

Hello, I need help setting up the Single view 4sdecoder and the newer 5u for xtraview comnected to a Smart LNB, problem i am having is that the new 5u model does not have RF in or out, so I have no way of connecting heartbeat cable from 4s to 5u decoder. Any advice?