Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Elsat/ELLIES

13 REPLIES 13
Red Carpet

Re: Elsat/ELLIES

No, It is not because of any ties that MC has with any supplier or MC dictating anything to anyone. Rather, it is because complexes and multi-unit dwellings are not doing their bit to ensure the facilities they provide are indeed suitable for satellite service delivery.

You need to take this up with the body corporate at a residents meeting and object.

You should find out if you can get permission to install your own antenna instead of making use of the one already there. 

Alternatively, find someone who can come and have a look at what is installed so that we can suggest some alternatives.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Highlighted
New poster

Mr G..... Besides bc. WHY? is Multichoice allowing such. Is it because all their dishes is manufactured by Elsat. I  now know I will never get help from them David and Goliath. 

New poster

Itshizane.. Please man us as tenants did not agree to anything neither is in our lease contract etc. However i knew you would not help your manufactures and providers  of the Dstv Dishes is Elsat so I will not win. You allow such and as you say whoever use such service pay for it. You dont need little me or my business that is for now. We also thought Apartheid will never end.

Red Carpet

And mostly by BCs that are too lazy to do their job properly.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM

Hi @Rudaiba.

This relates to property lease agreements, the owner of the building or body corp has agreed to rent an Installation from Elsat, however, the only people paying for this service are those want to use DSTV.

We don’t endorse such a practice however it is agreed upon by the tenants and body corp of the building.

Red Carpet

Are there more units getting their feed from the same antenna? 

It probably is important to get someone else to have a look at what is installed before going any further with this.

New poster

No  I dont even know where what is but the technicians when they where here for Elsat went on the roof from my side took them a second thenone said tothe other double cable whatever then they told me of the switch that they had in van Inthink the connection was gonna take them no time so they conttol everything its nice frre bucks here. I will call the guys from Netflix to come an give me quote or come and see what is up here.

Red Carpet

Some photos of the fibre unit and the switch would be great.

Red Carpet

So is there a fibre box visible in your unit? and is the 24-1Z switch installed where you can see it or is it hidden in a box somewhere out of site?

New poster

Mr G

Yes that Elsat/Ellis has this deal with the bc.  However why the monthly fee. On top of it its like a gym contract  if you decide to move out. 1.... You liable for that  mess  2..... in their contract they short of asking for your DNA  next of kin etc hence I paid the year to avoid all the mess after they drove me up the wall,  I sat down and digested this mess and said( ARE?? YOU STUPID  GIRL WHAT ARE YOU PAYING A MONTHLY FEE FOR. ).  DSTV/ MULTICHOICE should give me lifetime free the way I am a Dstv crazy 54 year old. SIES   man Mr G. I better get a life you see i was a defender of this GIANT for Nothing  it has Chewed me up and spat me out😅😅