cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Explora 1 + Xtra view Explora1

Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: Explora 1 + Xtra view Explora1

Just a very stupid question. Did you do a rescan  after you changed the UB indexes. The changes sometimes do not take place until after a rescan 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Red Carpet

Ok thanks. What error message do you get with those lower numbered DStv channels?

Also, I still don't understand enough about what you were saying re the interference between channels, which you said is now only partially gone?

If the UHF channels, keep trying different lower numbers. Interference can be intermittent.

(Not back until the cricket is over.)

New poster

Hi, I have attached another picture of the switch. Its mounted on the wall behind my TV stand.

- H\L and V\L go to the satellite dish.

- Unicable A goes to the Primary Explora

- Unicable B goes to the Secondary Explora.

With t reagrds to the channel I'm talking about the dstv channels. On the 2nd Explora I can see all the superport channels on the menu and watch but I can't see(or watch) any channels from 100 - 199

Red Carpet

The 5-2 photo doesn't reveal any connection or location info, please answer all questions posted by Geoff.

@GeoffD wrote:

Where is the 5-2 switch located? Can you see it?  Is one of the cables connected to one of the universal ports by any chance?

Also, I still think it would help to give a more detailed description of what is interfering with what re the channels.

(And by channels do you mean RF UHF channels or DStv channels.)

New poster

Here you, in the following order:

1. Switch.

2. Primary Explora

3. Secondary Explora

Trending

Confirm please that you have the 5-2 switch, NOT a 5-1 switch?

Then a screenshot of the network settings on the Explora 1 Primary and a screenshot of the network settings on the and Explora 1 secondary.

As attachments, because inserting the pictures into a post does not work for most.

Primary decoder connected to port A, secondary to port B.

Where is the 5-2 switch located? Can you see it?  Is one of the cables connected to one of the universal ports by any chance?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

I have confirgured the devices as per your post but on the 2nd Explora I only get the Sport channels 200 - 2012 and nothing else.

Trending

Now that the possible UHF issues are out of the way, we have to get back to the network settings, which you need to spend some quality time checking and correcting if necessary.

Se my previous detailed posts on what the settings MUST be for two Explora 1's to work via a 5-2 switch without interference between the two decoders.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

Sorry, what you're now saying won't make much sense to any of the techies here. Doubt we can help further and suggest you consider getting an installer (word of mouth recommendation is best).

Or try explain more carefully and with full detail, and firstly make sure you've done all already advised exactly as suggested.

I don't usually help anymore so not sure I would further. All the best with it.

@AndrewRitchie wrote:

Morning,

Firstly thank you for your repsonse and apologies for the delay in me getiing back to you but life has been getting in the way.

Last weekend I checked all the settings and made the suggested changes to the UHF but it didn't seem to work. I changed the 2nd Explora's to UHF Ch40 (from Ch63) and still experienced the same issue. In any event I needed to leave the house so I just shut down the 2nd Explora leaving the settings as is. This morning I decided to have another crack at it and low and beyond its working, but not 100%. 

On some channels I still seem to experience the same signal issue and some work fine. Another issue I spotted is that I don't seem to have access to all the channels I'm supposed see.

We are getting closer but not 100% there yet. Appreciate any feedback as usual.

Thanks

New poster

Morning,

Firstly thank you for your repsonse and apologies for the delay in me getiing back to you but life has been getting in the way.

Last weekend I checked all the settings and made the suggested changes to the UHF but it didn't seem to work. I changed the 2nd Explora's to UHF Ch40 (from Ch63) and still experienced the same issue. In any event I needed to leave the house so I just shut down the 2nd Explora leaving the settings as is. This morning I decided to have another crack at it and low and beyond its working, but not 100%. 

On some channels I still seem to experience the same signal issue and some work fine. Another issue I spotted is that I don't seem to have access to all the channels I'm supposed see.

We are getting closer but not 100% there yet. Appreciate any feedback as usual.

Thanks