Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Explora 1 + Xtra view Explora1

28 REPLIES 28
Red Carpet

Re: Explora 1 + Xtra view Explora1

Great!

It was a very weird configuration setup by MC, that kind of thing sounds more like a setup for a commercial sports bar subscription or similar :-/

New poster

Good news, 

I went to the self service portal, reset the E16 error, and its working. Thank you to all of you who gave advice! 

New poster

Well that's annoying as I was at the Randburg MC a month ago to have the device transferred into my name and they set it up at the same time.

Red Carpet

It's a different error with parental control, and the option for entering the pin code appears.

Agreed, MC are endlessly making things worse and in ever more complicated or mixed up ways :-(

Red Carpet

What about PG control settings? How do they work for the Exploras?

If this is a case of MC setting up the secondary decoder incorrectly, then MC is just like our Cricketers ----- Continually inventing new ways to screw up a customers service!

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Highlighted
Red Carpet

It doesn't work like that on an Explora Geoff, if you type in an unincluded channel number in another favourites type section, it throws you back into All Channels. So can only be a MC or decoder fault.

Red Carpet

There is definitely nothing wrong with the connections and the 5-2 switch is working perfectly correctly.

The Secondary Explora is either incorrectly configured for the package you are on , OR,

somehow, you have invoked and blocked reception of all the channels except the sports channels under the parent controls option, or, you are viewing channels in "my favourites" where only the sport channels are included.

Go and makes sure you have selected "all channels" or "my channels" and see if you now receive the other channels.

what package are you on?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

@AndrewRitchie wrote:

On the 2nd TV I can't scroll through see any channels between 100 and 200. If I'm on dstv 100 and press P+ it skips straight to channel 200, from the P+ takes me to the next channel unit 2012 at which point it goes back to 100.

If I key in the channel number eg 1,0,1 then I get a error saying channel blocked because it may not be part of my package. 

The interference is less of a concern right now.

This cricket is ridiculous. Appreciate the help.

Sure, glad to help. Ok, now we're getting somewhere :-)

That decoder has not been set up properly by MC, or is faulty. Your best bet is to take both in and best to use a main MC service centre.

New poster

Yes i did

New poster

On the 2nd TV I can't scroll through see any channels between 100 and 200. If I'm on dstv 100 and press P+ it skips straight to channel 200, from the P+ takes me to the next channel unit 2012 at which point it goes back to 100.

If I key in the channel number eg 1,0,1 then I get a error saying channel blocked because it may not be part of my package. 

The interference is less of a concern right now.

This cricket is ridiculous. Appreciate the help.