Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Explora 1 and 2 Model 5s decoders on extra view

SOLVED
1 REPLY 1
Red Carpet

Re: Explora 1 and 2 Model 5s decoders on extra view

That should be relatively straight forward provided you have the correct SLNB.

It should be an LMX 501 (3 unicable ports and 1 universal), or, an LMX 500 (4 unicable ports).

The Explora 1 needs to be the primary. 

IF you want to feed HB via the SLNB, THEN a diplexer is needed behind the Explora 1 to combine HB with the LNB cabling.  The cables to all the decoders must be pretty much the same length as this setup is rather tricky when the LNB cables are of different lengths.

All decoders connected to unicable ports. 

Primary should be connected to ports A on the SLNB.

Decoders settings should be for Unicable/SATCR on all decoders, with Primary set to decoder 1, and the other 2 to decoder 2 and 3 respectively.

Diplexer connections are the combine I/O to the LNB, Sat to the LNB input on the Explora 1, and Ant to the RF OUT port.

5S decoders connected to LNB port no diplexers.

IF this does not work, you will have to run a separate HB cable and then 2 diplexers are required one behind each 5S.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM

View solution in original post

1-
New poster

Explora 1 and 2 Model 5s decoders on extra view

Hi 

i have Explora 1 and 2 model 5s decoders that i need to connect on extra view. All 3 decoders are on separate room and iam using a SLNB. Can someone kindly assist on resolving this matter please