Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Explora 2A + HD PVR 2U Setup Problem

34 REPLIES 34
Red Carpet

Re: Explora 2A + HD PVR 2U Setup Problem

Yes, you can connect up to the Unicable ports just about all the older PVR decoders, with the possible exception of the HD PVR2U.

The older 11xx series are excluded. The Proviso is that the older decoders, in general, do NOT allow changing of the UBs and frequencies. The exception is the HD PVR 2P.

The Installtion wizard settings are such that you should ALWAYS reserve decoder 1 settings for older decoders to use, and sett Explora or other decoders to use either decoder 2 or decoder 3 settings. 

Decoder 1: UBs 0,1,2,3 - caters for all decoders even the 4 tuners.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

Same as this thread's last installation example, Explora needs are the same, and also for the HD PVR choices the advice applies to all (even for a 4-tuner, then you can use userbands 0, 1, 2 & 3) and you should use port 1 for the LNB Unicable feed for it.

(Please read the thread properly before asking about anything else, but that would have to come from someone else.)

New poster

hi is possible to connect my explora 1 primary to my hdpvr secondary ;have slnb lmx 502 w with unicable two ports and how to connect

Highlighted
Red Carpet

Assuming the HD PVR 2U (U stands for UEC) It will use Userbands 0, 1 as defaults.

So the Explora has to be set NOT to use these userbands.

Switch OFF the HD PVR2U.

Go into the network settings on the Explora, and either use the Installation wizard, or manually set the Explora UBs and frequencies.

If you decide to use the installation wizard, set it to Decoder 2 (UBs 5,6,7), or decoder 3 (UBs 3,4,8).

That will ensure that UBs 0, 1 are available for the HD PVR2U to use without interference.

Save the settings  and reboot the Explora 2A. Now switch on the HD PVR2U. It should now start up on either the SATCR std or Satcr Universal setting.

I assume the HB cable is connected via the RF ports?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Extra

Hi i have a problem receiving channels on my DSTV explora 2p,this happened when i replaced old LNB with new smart LNB (lnb 502z),it is connected as the secondary decorder since i have xtraview,can anyone help with network settings,i tried a few but did'nt help as other channels does'nt play,Home Network settings are as ff:- 1. Network      DSTV IS7/20

2. LNB Power   Controlled

3.LNB Mode       Satcr Univ

4. LNB Lo          9750

5. LNB  HI             10600

Home network  does'nt have LNB switching

Extra

Hi i have a problem receiving channels on my DSTV explora 2p,this happened when i replaced old LNB with new smart LNB (lnb 502z),it is connected as the secondary decorder since i have xtraview,can anyone help with network settings,i tried a few but did'nt help as other channels does'nt play,Home Network settings are as ff:- 1. Network      DSTV IS7/20

2. LNB Power   Controlled

3.LNB Mode       Satcr Univ

4. LNB Lo          9750

5. LNB  HI             10600

Home network  does'nt have LNB switching

Red Carpet

Sure thing @BE_Norkem

Normally just the label names I gave as there's more than one use for a diplexer, but a few models have odd label names...

Anime

Thanks Optimist.  Are the connections you show marked on the diplexer?

Red Carpet

@BE_Norkem wrote:

In my case I have the Pace on the "universal" connection on the LNB and the Explora on of the three unicable connections.

Does the diplexer connect to the Explora and the open connection on the diplexer to an RF port on the Pace?

The best SLNB port to use for your Explora is Unicable port A.

For this diplexer use;

I/O - connects to Explora's Unicable In port

SAT - connects to cable coming in from SLNB's port A

ANT - connects to one of the HD PVR's RF ports, via RF cabling if in another room

Geoff will be best to help with anything further.

Red Carpet

Fortunately diplexers are cheap, and available at most places like Space TV, HD Cabling, Aerial King etc.