Welcome to Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Explora 2A (Primary) and HD 6 U/S (Secondary)

SOLVED
4 REPLIES 4
Anime

Re: Explora 2A (Primary) and HD 6 U/S (Secondary)

Optimist.

I fully understand. Will do.

Thank you!

Anime

GeoffD

Will do. Thank you!

Red Carpet

It should NOT  be NEC at all. Both decoders are designed to transmit/receive HB via the LNB cabling.

The issue can only be about UB clashes.

Set the Explora 2A as primary to use decoder 1 settings and the 6 U /S to use decoder 2  or decoder 3 settings. THEN once both decoders are able to receive signal, CH 100 visible, get MC to redo/reset XV.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

No diplexer needed. Check that all 5 User Bands are unique - if you need to adjust, turn the other decoder off.

If no good look for faulty connections or worn or waterlogged cabling / or you'll need to have the equipment tested.

EDIT: Ensure that any spare Unicable port on the SLNB is terminated with the terminator supplied. (Not needed for any Universal port.)

I can't (won't) be helping further, in objection to MC's poor service and worsening products.

Anime

Explora 2A (Primary) and HD 6 U/S (Secondary)

I installed a new HD 6 U/S decoder for extra view as the secondary decoder with an existing Explora 2A as the primary decoder. Both only connected to the Smart LNB 4 port on Unicable A and B. Usually heartbeat via the LNB in this setup. Now strugle to get "communication" from the Explora 2 A to the HD ,6 U/S. Is it necessary to use a diplexer at the Explora 2A or not? It was not necessary previously with similar setup. Thanks.