SOLVED
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
New poster

Re: Explora 3A Extraview with HD PVR 2P

Thank you all for your help. Will try it and see if it works tonight

Doin' it 4 Tv

I edited the diagram to reflect the correct 2P default UB Indexes. Apologies for the error.

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Doin' it 4 Tv

@GeoffD wrote:

Thanks for the diagram Jan. You are the one to post diagrams!.

Note only one diplexer is needed behind the 3A.

There is one small mistake with the default UBs on the HD PVR 2P

The 2P makes use of UB 0 : freq 1210 and UB 1: 1420

I don't know how that sneaked in will fix it thanks 

Red Carpet

Thanks for the diagram Jan. You are the one to post diagrams!.

Note only one diplexer is needed behind the 3A.

There is one small mistake with the default UBs on the HD PVR 2P

The 2P makes use of UB 0 : freq 1210 and UB 1: 1420

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doin' it 4 Tv

Herewith a diagram showing the cabling and the setting for the 3A decoder. Leave the2P user bands on the default settings but change the 2p LNB type to Satcr universal 

3A  2P SLNB.JPG

New poster

Hi

Wonder if you can help me. I did my setup as explaind above. The SLNB is connected to the sat on the diplexer. The i/o to the Explora 3A and the ant cable is run to the 2P decoder. There the ant cable from the diplexer from the 3A is connected to the i/o diplexer at the 2P. From the sat it is connected to the satcr on the 2P and the ant to the satelite 1. I rebooted both decoders. First the Explora. works 100% than the 2P. The 2P comes up but gives me a message waiting for footprint from satelite. Doesn't scan at all or picks up any signal. Not on tuner 1 or 2. Is there any settings that need to be changed. I tried to call dstv to restet the XV settings but aren't any help. They just tell me to call an credited installer

New poster

Hi

Wonder if you can help me. I did my setup as explaind above. The SLNB is connected to the sat on the diplexer. The i/o to the Explora 3A and the ant cable is run to the 2P decoder. There the ant cable from the diplexer from the 3A is connected to the i/o diplexer at the 2P. From the sat it is connected to the satcr on the 2P and the ant to the satelite 1. I rebooted both decoders. First the Explora. works 100% than the 2P. The 2P comes up but gives me a message waiting for footprint from satelite. Doesn't scan at all or picks up any signal. Not on tuner 1 or 2. Is there any settings that need to be changed. I tried to call dstv to restet the XV settings but aren't any help. They just tell me to call an credited installer

Red Carpet

@Cavan wrote:

I currently have a smart LNB feeding the Unicable port of an Explora 2 which is set up as the secondary decoder, and the two universal LNB ports feed an HD PVR2P which is set up as the primary decoder in my XV setup. It's been set up this way so that I can easily disconnect the PVR2P, which is a small and portable decoder, and take it to my holiday house which has an old LNB and use it there. I only need to change the settings to/from SatCR when I do so.

This does not make sense, The SLNB 500 has two universal ports and if configured this way you should not have to make any changes to the network settings as the 2P will always be set for Universal working?

I've now acquired an Explora 3A, and would like to use this to replace the Explora 2, and pass on the Explora 2 to my mother to replace her old decoder whose disk has died. My mother's setup doesn't have XV, but only a second TV fed by a RF cable. The Explora 3 is thus not suitable for her setup.

Can I set up the Explora 3A/PVR2P as explained below with a diplexer, but keep the 2P as the primary and the 3A as the secondary?

Yes, the Explora 3A can replace the Explora 2A as a secondary decoder. 

The diplexer will be required behind the Explora 3A to insert the HB from the 2P into the LNB port. The common port on the diplexer gets connected to the LNB port on the 3A. The "ANT" port is connected to the HB cable from the 2P, and the "I/O" port gets connected to the SLNB cable.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

I forgot to add that the HB goes via an RF cable connecting the two decoders

New poster

I currently have a smart LNB feeding the Unicable port of an Explora 2 which is set up as the secondary decoder, and the two universal LNB ports feed an HD PVR2P which is set up as the primary decoder in my XV setup. It's been set up this way so that I can easily disconnect the PVR2P, which is a small and portable decoder, and take it to my holiday house which has an old LNB and use it there. I only need to change the settings to/from SatCR when I do so.

I've now acquired an Explora 3A, and would like to use this to replace the Explora 2, and pass on the Explora 2 to my mother to replace her old decoder whose disk has died. My mother's setup doesn't have XV, but only a second TV fed by a RF cable. The Explora 3 is thus not suitable for her setup.

Can I set up the Explora 3A/PVR2P as explained below with a diplexer, but keep the 2P as the primary and the 3A as the secondary?