cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Explora 3A RF substitute

Red Carpet

Re: Explora 3A RF substitute

Two Unicable ports. Keep that SLNB 500. Dontvlet the installer take it away with him!

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

So here is the answer. You will need an external RF Remodulatorvto convert the RCA outputs to RF  for the 3A.

Secondly, the 3A is designed to receive HB directly via the SLNB  cabling. What is the other? Or do you have two 3A's?

Two 3As just connect them to two SLNB ports.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

But I suppose it could be "try it and see", whether the RCA/RF cable will work on its own.

Highlighted
New poster

Explora 3A RF substitute

I finally succumbed to MC's continued pressure to convert subscribers to the Explora, by signing up for the March price lock promo.  It converts my 60 cm dish to 80 cm, replaces my 500 SLNB with the latest (502 I think) and runs a new cable to the supplied Explora.  (Had major problems with MC not completing the deal correctly and also not delivering the Explora as scheduled.  Needed lots of intervention by me and throwing my toys out of the cot.  But that's a long story.)

It was only when the 3A arrived today that I realised that there was no RF out.  Yes, I know, insufficient research.  I have an RF network distributing the signal (boosted by an Ellies prof amp) to three other TVs in the house.  Great signal to all, albeit not HD.

My question is, can I still drive that RF network using an RCA to RF cable from the Explora, or will I need to add an RF Modulator?  I am also going to discuss this with the installer (installation to a single point is part of the deal).  The installation is scheduled for tomorrow.  I hope.

BTW, I got great advice last year in this forum about connecting my current PVR 2P in XV so as to still access its already recorded content.  Although I decided then to return the Explora I had bought.  This time I want to link the two decoders side by side using the RF link and XV.  I now have two cables from the SLNB and the decoders will connect to my main TV with HDMI1 and HDMI2.  If I have thought this through correctly.