Did you mean: 
Need help?

Explora 3A and DSD 1131

SOLVED
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
New poster

Re: Explora 3A and DSD 1131

Thanks @Jan-Horn , will install tonight and let you guys know. Much appreciated.

New poster

Thanks! @GeoffD  will install tonight and let you guys know. Much appreciated.

Doin' it 4 Tv

Herewith a diagram to illustrate what3A 1132.JPG Geoff said 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Red Carpet

The Explora 3A only works with a Unicable connection, so the existing multiswitch you have is no longer suitable for use.

Replace the multiswitch with a 24-1Z switch.

Use one of the Unicable ports to connect the Explora 3A via a diplexer, to extract the HB signal from the 3A, and feed that via the existing HB cable to 1131 decoder. 

The 1131 decoder gets connected to one of the 4 universal ports on the 24-1Z switch.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Explora 3A and DSD 1131

Hi All,

I currently have an extra view setup with a HD PVR 2p and a DSD1131 in the 2nd room. My HD PVR is now faulty and needs to be replaced. I managed to get my hands on an Explora 3A but our complex installer can only come out next week. So I need some help setting up the 3A please.

I live in a complex with a shared dish. In our units we have 2 ports avaialble. In my current setup I have the 2 ports going into a 4 way splitter. From the splitter 2 cables is going into the HD PVR2p and 1 cable into the DSD1131. 

Then I have a HB cable linking the 2 decoders.

How would I go about installing the 3A to replace my HDPVR2p, I havent attempted anything yet.

Thanks

D