Need help?

Explora 3A and model 6s hd decoder e143-0

SOLVED
10 REPLIES 10
Red Carpet

Re: Explora 3A and model 6s hd decoder e143-0

@Jan-Horn wrote:

Herewith a inclinometer I found very handy to set the skew angle of a LNB

You need to print out the image below or the attachment and stick it onto a piece of cardboard. Make a pinhole at the apex (centre of the small circle, near top left corner) and insert a length of strong sewing thread. Behind the card use sticky tape to secure the thread. At the front, attach a small weight, such as a 15mm or metal nut, to the end of the thread, approx 20 cm long, so the weight dangles down past the lower edge of the card.

To use it, simply place the left or top edge of the card against the surface you are trying to measure

inclinometer-scale.gif

perfect for elevation measurements. I use a simple school protractor.

Not so easy to use for skew angle, unless you do it before mounting in the LNB.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

Interesting thanks for the info.

There has been quite a bit of uncertainty if a normal FSM (simple one as you have) would work on the Unicable ports. Nice to know that it does!

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Nominee

@Bosvark wrote:

Channel 121, I used the primary decoder(Explora 3a) for the fine tuning.

@GeoffD wrote:

Which channel were you tuned to when you made the adjustments and which decoder did you use for your test?

121 HD is a vertically polarised channel, Geoff is likely to suggest;

1. That you also try a horizontally polarised one - channel 122 will do.

2. That you test both on the other decoder as well.

3. That all tuner 1 signal strengths should be at least around 80% and quality at least around 90%.

I'm not around for any more.

BoxOffice

Herewith a inclinometer I found very handy to set the skew angle of a LNB

You need to print out the image below or the attachment and stick it onto a piece of cardboard. Make a pinhole at the apex (centre of the small circle, near top left corner) and insert a length of strong sewing thread. Behind the card use sticky tape to secure the thread. At the front, attach a small weight, such as a 15mm or metal nut, to the end of the thread, approx 20 cm long, so the weight dangles down past the lower edge of the card.

To use it, simply place the left or top edge of the card against the surface you are trying to measure

inclinometer-scale.gif

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Anime

Channel 121, I used the primary decoder(Explora 3a) for the fine tuning.

@GeoffD wrote:

Which channel were you tuned to when you made the adjustments and which decoder did you use for your test?

Red Carpet

Anime

Thanks for all the responses, I got it sorted. So herewith an update. I purchased the LMX502, the old twin LNB did not have any markings indicating the degree it was set at, so I used the little signal finder (Needle meter type) I had to set the angle. I then managed to fine tune it by means of video a video call, which allowed me to see the signal strenght and quality as I made adjustments. 

Red Carpet

Quite a few issues with this setup.

1. The 3A is not really compatible with a 5-1 ES. Even though you probably can receive all the channels, the ES 5-1 and 5-2 are not able to pass the HB signal. Hence the error as the 6S is not getting HB.

2. The 6S is not able to function properly when connected to a universal port on the ES. This decoder has 2  tuners. When connected to a universal port, it will receive signal but cannot receive the EPG  detail it requires at the same time.

3. Both decoders will require the installation of diplexers and a separate HB cable to handle XV .

4. The ONLY viable solution is to REPLACE  the twin LNB and ES with a SLNB. This will eliminate the diplexers, plus will handle the HB properly, plus will ensure full functionality of the 6S decoder.

The LMX 502 will be sufficient. But the best SLNB to get is the LMX501

Anime

Thank you.

Highlighted
Nominee

Your equipment is outdated, you will also end up missing some channels soon.

Replace your twin LNB and 5-1 switch with a Smart LNB (SLNB).

The skew angle position of the LNB needs to be marked before replacement. The dish must not be knocked out of alignment.

Both decoders then go to Unicable ports on the SLNB.

You then need to set up the User Band Indexes and their specific frequencies, use automatic setup 1 and 2 for the Explora & HD Decoder respectively (and only have one decoder powered up at a time while doing that).

If both can then get channel 100, then the call centre can try again.