Did you mean: 
Need help?

Explora 3A replacing a faulty Explora1

SOLVED
17 REPLIES 17
New poster

Re: Explora 3A replacing a faulty Explora1

@GeoffD wrote:

The Combined port must be connected to the LNB port on the Explora 3A. The connections you have tabled are incorrect. (I/O port to the LNB port on the Explora 3A, the SAT port to the SLNB, and the ANT port connected to the HB cable going to 

@GeoffD worked 100% on the 1st go.

Thanks a lot guys .

Nominee

You're welcome.

Yes, that is an Explora Switch so you are future-proof (as best as we can tell). At some stage just make sure all 4 inputs have a feed.

New poster

I appreciate the time @GeoffD @Optimist

I'll give it a go with the cable swap on the diplexer 1st , if that fails , then i'll call MC to break / fix the XTV.

Have a great day further. 

Highlighted
New poster

@GeoffD wrote:

I presume it is an Explora switch, not a multiswitch?

the attached is what I have , Came in the box with the 1st Explora 

Nominee

No worries. I think what confuses the most is that we all forget that the diplexer allows for bi-directional flow (for those who don't know, that means flow in either direction).

@Deez  , a quad LNB is however fine for the future, if you add an Explora Switch.

I've got a busy day so will leave it there.

EDIT: I see Geoff already mentioned the Explora Switches.

Red Carpet

Okay, that makes sense. The Quad LNB plus Explora switch ES 5-1 or ES 5-2  will work fine. Two separate antennas make perfect sense now.

I presume it is an Explora switch, not a multiswitch?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

Okay, my apologies. The I/O port is the combined port, so the cables should be swapped around. I have corrected my original post.

Please, Jan post that nice diagram of yours because that shows the correct way for the cables. This terminology on the various diplexers is and will always lead to confusion.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

@GeoffD wrote:

What is the need for the two antenna solution? Is it a distance issue?  With an HB cable only 10 m long, that does not seem to be the reason.

Apologies , it is a QUAD LNB. and YES premium pack

2 seperate buildings but literally 2/3 metres apart. The inital setup (BUILDING 1) was and HD PVR (if i recall I opted for a Quad LNB upon setup). I then upgraded to Explora1 , so in doing so used the same QUAD LNB with a multiswitch. Then decided to run XTV to second building with  dstv1110 , so ran a third cable from Quad LNB to 1110 and hearbeat from Explora to 1110. (single Dish) 

Took a price lock deal bout 2years back (came with explora + dish+ wifi + LNB +installation) so got the guys to install the second dish in BUILDING 2  , removing 1110 and replacing with Explora 1 making this setup primary and the older setup secondary XTV.  (realised now that I should have just opted to change the Quad to SLNB ) but we live an learn and opt for damage control Smiley Happy

Nominee

@GeoffD wrote:

The Combined port must be connected to the LNB port on the Explora 3A.

The Combined port on a diplexer is the I/O port.

Nominee

No Geoff, it is you who has got confused.

Using the Aerial King diplexer model "001-M01-017"

(It also ended up covering all other standard diplexer connections.)

I guess we're both out of practice, I also had to check ;-)