Need help?

Explora and 4U in ExtraView set up?

SOLVED
6 REPLIES 6
Ivy
Anime

Re: Explora and 4U in ExtraView set up?

Thank you very much!

I pulled one cable between decoders as cheaper option and is working 100%.

Red Carpet

With the two decoders in different rooms, you have 2 choices. An extra cable running between the two rooms for the HB connected to the RFOUT  port on the Explora and on the RFIN  port on the 4U.

OR

TWO diplexers one behind each decoder to get the HB to pass over the LNB cabling between the two rooms.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Ivy
Anime

Yes you right says DSTV Explora.

Now I need to pass extra cable between the two rooms for HB.

Am I understood you right?

Red Carpet

On the front of the decoder it says "Explora" or "Explora 2A" or "Explora 3A".

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Ivy
Anime

Explora back2.jpgHi GeoffD,

As I mentioned they are in two separate rooms. I think is Explora 1, has a door in front of the SIM card. 

Will connect them with cable as you advise.

Red Carpet

Which Explora? The Explora 1 can't send HB the LNB port. Neither can the 4U receive HB from the LNB port. If both in the same room, remove diplexer and simply connect an HB cable from the RF out port on the Explora 1 to the RF IN on the 4 U Done.

Ivy
Anime

Explora and 4U in ExtraView set up?

Hi,

Need some advise please'

In two rooms have First: Explora as primary decoder - set as decoder 1, connected to A point of SLNB, using User band index 0,1,2. 

Second: HD decoder  4U - set as decoder 2, connected  to B point of SLNB using a diplexer.

Explora is working fine and sending HB signal. 4U when did setup received all chanels, but when setup finished shows E143-4 error "No communication from Primary decoder...."  Diplexer is SMDC1 from Space television. I/O connected to B point of SLNB, ANT to RF IN or RF OUT on 4U, SAT to LNB In on 4U. 

Where to look for HB for 4U?