Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Explora recording issues signal loss

7 REPLIES 7
Red Carpet

Re: Explora recording issues signal loss

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated to konw.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Hi, 

Only managed to get back now. It was tuner 2 that was the problem as it was set to the same on both decoders. I have now changed the tuner 2 on the hdpvr2 and it works. thanks for the help. 

Red Carpet

Yes. The decoders cannot share UBs effectively. The only tuners that can are tuner 3 and then only if they are the exactly same model.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Thanks will look into it and get back to you. 
here is the LNB below. Question though, if you are only recording on the one i.e. the explora would it still cut out because the UB's are the same? 

Untitled.png

Red Carpet

What LNB are you using? Make and model number please.

Both these decoders have under gone sw changes recently. The exploras have new versions. The older decoders the update is in the background.

What are the network settings on both?

If both have defaulted to factory settings, the problem could be because both are trying to use the same UBs at the same time.

What are the signal and quality values for all tuners on both decoders?

What model Explora?

Explora: Tuner 1 live TV

Tuner 2 only shows values when recording

Tuner 3 should show values continuously.

HDPVR2P 

Tuner 1 live viewing, tuner 2 recording and background CU BO EPG and recording.

If the Explora is on defaults  it uses UBs 0, 1, 2.

The HD PVR2P also defaults to 0, 1, which then clashes with the Explora.

New poster

Sorry but not sure I understand. I agree TV tuner 2 does all the recording but it still works off the 1 Sat CR (unicable). Now for both my decoders it is not recording (partial signal loss) and the cables are independent feeds from the Lnb for each decoder. Yet the regular TV feed is 100%. How can it be 100% for tuner 1 and not work for tuner 2, it's the same cable. 

Trending

Recording uses a different tuner (tuner 2) compared to the one used for live TV (tuner 1).

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
New poster

Explora recording issues signal loss

Hi All,

Trying to help my dad out here he has a Explora + HD PVR2p xtraview. Setup was done +1 year ago all worked OK. Lnb is 2x unicable feeding each decoder. No splitting. Signal is great on current stations but when trying to record both decoders give signal loss errors. I havent gone up yet to the dish but I assume this is signal strength? I just don't understand how thecurrent view would then work? Ideas welcome...