Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Expolar 3a with HD PVR 2p Setup

SOLVED
New poster

Re: Expolar 3a with HD PVR 2p Setup

Hi GeoffD

Thank you for you help with this problem. Did what you mentioned below and it worked Smiley Very Happy Had a few issues with certain channels but resolved that by changing the UN on the HDPVR now everything works 100% and the wife is happy to have all her old crappy recording back... Now to find a way to kill the HD PVR so i can get another 3A Man Tongue

Highlighted
Red Carpet

The cabling is correct. But the HDPVR 2P must be set for SATCR. HB is NOT available on the universal port.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Thank you GeoffD for your reply , i will try this when i get home.

just wanted to check with you if the rest off the cabling is corrrect , apart from moving the HD PVR to port B , is the diplexer in the correct place ?

Also , when i connected the HD PVR to port B uni last time around i did not get any signal on the HD PRV , but with the universal port i could get signal... is this correct ?

again thank you for your help.

Clint

Red Carpet

You MUST use the Unicable port connections for this setup, not the universal ports.

1.  Connect the HD PVR2P to Port B.

2. Switch OFF the HD PVR2P.

3. Set the network connections on the Explora 3A to use Wizard decoder settings decoder 2.

4. Save the settings and reboot and confirm that the decoder works and receives all channels for your package.

5. Switch On the HD PVR2P

6. Set the decoder to use SATCR or SATCR Universal

7. Click on the SATCR option. You will get a second menu. Makes sure the UB settings are 0 and 1. Save the settings and reboot.

Both decoders should now work.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Expolar 3a with HD PVR 2p Setup

[Untitled].jpg

Hi Guys
hope everyone is well.....
need some assistance with setting up my HD PVR 2p decoder with extra view, I have installed the both decoders as per the below diagram on instruction from MC technical department. The problem is that the HD PVR is not receiving the HB. If I change the cable from the HD PVR to port B uni , I don't get any signal on the HD PVR. When MC clears the E143 error code , the HD Pvr works for around 30seconds the goes back to waiting for communication from primary decoder. I have check the Explora and it is sending the HB... Kind of lost for now so any help would be appreciated.