Expolar 3a with HD PVR 2p Setup

SOLVED
14 REPLIES 14
New poster

Re: Expolar 3a with HD PVR 2p Setup

Baie baie dankie.  Thanks.  

Red Carpet

The three decoder combination is NOT available when any old decoders are used.

The only way to get a 3-decoder combination to work is for all the PVRs to be Exploras or HD decoders, series 4, 5, 6.

Then you will have to also replace the LNB and the 2 x 4 MS with an SLNB LMX 501.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

I now have connection but no sound

I re boot the secondary an everything is honkie dorrie.

Now

Main decoder  All work well

.........tv link. No signal when Rf is connected.   I took the heart beat out and all is working well. 

Extra view.... All work well.  Thanks Geoff.  I give u a bells.

Now something else.

I think off getting a Explora 3 for the TV room and connect the two hdpvrs in the two bedrooms. I believe I need a thing called deflector an two gables to the nnd bedroom.  Is this correct an can this be done. Thank u very much. 

New poster

I now have connection but no sound

New poster

I just did it on the secondary an it rescanned an the following message appear......... E30....... And a while later E19

Red Carpet

Two cables from the 2 x 4 MS to each HDPVR 2P. Satellite Inputs. 

The third cable is the HB cable. That must run between the two decoders.  If that cable is connected to the RF OUT on the Primary, then the cable should go to the RF IN on the secondary.  Are you making use of RF distribution?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Sorry friend.  I only have two HDPVR 2p an No explorar.  I Use one HDPVR as the primary working fine. Two cables prom LNB into the two points on the splitter LNB1 and LNB2 in and out to rx1 and rx4.  On the secondary (the extra view unit) I have 3 cables one each on  sat one and sat two. One on Rf out. Where must this 3 cables be connected to. The two sat points I assume rx2 and rx3. Where then the Rf cable be plugged in. 

Red Carpet

Error with the LNB cables and the HB cable.

Trace the cables and make sure there are 2 cables connected to the 2 x 4 MS connected to the LNB inputs on the decoder, and the HB  cable is connected to the RF port.

New poster

I have 2 times HDPVR 2p decoders with 2x4 switch with twin LNB working for two years. I Moved the secondary to another room and reconnect cables as before. Now only the prim Dec work properly.  Second Dec shows program detail but no sound no picture.  

Maybe my connections wrong.  Can you perhaps help. Christo

Red Carpet

That would be a mistake! The new 3A is the worst HD PVR MC has ever released!

Better to get an Explora 2A, because it still as an RF remodulator. The move to the 3A means you will have to seriously think about any RF distribution you might have still working.