Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Extraview 3 decoder setup

SOLVED
14 REPLIES 14
New poster

Re: Extraview 3 decoder setup

Yes especially when helped by a lady in most cases they really not helpful and they trh by sll means to keep the info from you. I am a diy kind of a person do all the time they will refer you to their acredited installer.

Anime

Thanx for all your help guys. With your help and common sense, my challenges were sorted. Call Centre absolutely useless!

Anime

Thanx for all your help guys. With your help and common sense, my challenges were sorted. Call Centre absolutely useless!

Red Carpet

What a very sad day, even considering a workaround band-aid solution is something we normally wouldn't do, but I have to agree with Geoff and Jan that it's the best route given the unsure nature of the software which could give related problems for ages.

The worst part is that to many of us the 4 series is far superior to the 5 in a number of ways, but now it ends up the one to be weary of... EEK!.jpgEmbarrassment.jpg

Sad company.

Red Carpet

That is it Jan good work!

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Highlighted
ARN
Doccie

may i ask is it a new setup or was it allready running

ARN
Doccie

Ive got the same problem 3 days ago with exactly the same setup explora working, 5u working; 4u no signal i than doing a factory reset on my 4u decoder and a manual setup after that  its working it looks like that there was a new software upgrade last week cause i helping a few friends of me with the same problem

Doin' it 4 Tv

@GeoffD This maybe the one you are thinking of. It was posted by MC Filed services at the time showing the 4U and Explora 2A combination and a diplexer through a SLNB

@deonvIf  you do connect to the unicable port you must remember to change LNB type in the home network to satcr universal and the UB  to one that is not used by the other two decoders. 

As Geoff said the 4U work best if connected to the universal port of the SLNB if availableExplora 2A and 4U.JPG

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Red Carpet

It is possible that the 4U would default to UB 0 and not be able to change it.

The 4U works best when connected to the Universal port provided the SLNB you have has one.  The HB could be inject into the 4U as normal via the RF ports.

On the old forum, there were diagrams showing how to connect the 4U decoder in an XV combination. I will see if I can find copies that I made at the time.

In the meantine, I nkw this works.

Connect the 4U to a universal port on the SLNB. Use a diplexer behind it IF you want to feed Hb to it via the SLNB to extrcat the HB from the SLNB cable and inject it into either of the RF ports on the 4U.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doin' it 4 Tv

Looking at the Quick guide for The 4U decoder it only need a single LNB. So it should receive signal if connected to the universal port of the SLNB.  

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab