Welcome to Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Extraview connection using multiswitch, Explora 2 and new HD decoder without RF

Red Carpet

Re: Extraview connection using multiswitch, Explora 2 and new HD decoder without RF

@alanr123 wrote:

Good day, I connected my setup with the Explora 2 as the primary and the lastest HD Decoder as the secondary. I am using a multiswitch, which the DSTV Technician indicated will act as the heartbeat for the secondary decoder as there is no RF ports on the secondary. I have cables running from the switch to each decoder. The Primary works perfect, however I am getting a "No communication from Primary". What is the fix for this?

More info needed please. What LNB are you using and which "multiswitch"? Which HD single view decoder? 5U or 5S? Are you in a complex with a communal antenna or a Single User Dwelling (SUD)?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Tags (2)
New poster

Re: Extraview connection using multiswitch, Explora 2 and new HD decoder without RF

Sounds like HB not received.

What LNB are you using?

LNB - ?

Multiswitch

Primary - Explora 2/a

Secondary - HD Single View 5U/S

If using a SmartLNB HB would be distributed thru LNB.

LNB A - Explora 2

LNB B - HD Single View 5U/S

Without the need for a multiswitch.

Highlighted
Anime

Extraview connection using multiswitch, Explora 2 and new HD decoder without RF

Good day, I connected my setup with the Explora 2 as the primary and the lastest HD Decoder as the secondary. I am using a multiswitch, which the DSTV Technician indicated will act as the heartbeat for the secondary decoder as there is no RF ports on the secondary. I have cables running from the switch to each decoder. The Primary works perfect, however I am getting a "No communication from Primary". What is the fix for this?