Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

HD PVR & grey decoder

New poster

Re: HD PVR & grey decoder

Hi GeoffD

I removed the cables like u asked and my lounge tv is working well. How ever im having issues with my room tv. It keeps saying searching for signal. I need this up and running asap. Please let me know how I should connect my silver decoder. This is decoder 1131 not 1132. Please see attached my network settings.  I will attach another pic of how my pvr is connected. My room tv was working fine until i unplugged the 1131

Red Carpet

We can't help if we don't know what type of LNB you have. The cabling suggests that it is a smart LNB. 

Thenbthe cabling is correct, except for possibly the 1132 cable.

Please give us the network settings on the HD PVR 2P. That will go a long way to clearing up what the issue is.

Do as I suggested before, just switch off the 1132 decoder and disconnect the cable to the LNB on that decoder only. Reboot the HDPVR2P.

See if it now works correctly.

Able to complete the reboot cycle, record, show the EPG, CU AND BO content. Once that is working, we can again try and get the other decoder working.

There is definitely interference between the two.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Good morning GeoffD,

I have had the problem throughout the night. The decoder has been saying this through the night. What is the solution for this? Is it possible to put the decoder off,remove all the cables and let the device cool down and re cable it? The cables were left the exact same way as the image 

Highlighted
New poster

Hi GeoffD,

Before I get to that,now it keeps saying 'please wait while the decoder determines the footprint'. Its been doing that for the past 2 hours now so I cant do anything at the moment.

Yes, the LNB fits in the SATCR

please assist  with this new error 

Red Carpet

This suggests that the 1132 decoder is interfering with the 2P. That means the 1132 is also set to satcr, which a problem. Or the cable feeding the 1132 is on the wrong LNB port.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
BoxOffice

The LNB sits in front of the dish on the arm extending from the dish. See my screen shot

Dish.jpg

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Red Carpet

How many portsxare there on the LNB?

Can you see which ports are in use?

In the photo, it is not clear if the cable connected to the 2P PVR is connected to the port marked SATCR.

Please confirm that is the port in use.

Then press menu, advanced options, network settings and send us a screenshot of the network settings.

Disconnect and completely switch off the 1132 and see if that makes a difference.

I am not at home, my laptop has packed up, and I can't really respond properly to queries

New poster

Where do I find the model of the LNB? The guys installed it in such a way that I dont see the LNB any where.

It recorded for a few minutes yesterday and stopped. All the cords were connected in the way it is in the pic

BoxOffice

Geoff may be around later to help you. The wiring seem like what one would expect.

Butt hose two antenna wires may be connected to a twin LNB  which would account for the loss of the recording ability. Wrong Home network settings could also account for your problems, We really need the model and type of the LNB to give you the correct advice. In the mean time you can try to connecting the antenna lead currently connected to the 1132 to the LNB2 connection of the PVR and see if you can record if connected that way.

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
New poster

Hi GeoffD

Please see attached