Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

HD PVR & grey decoder

23 REPLIES
BoxOffice

Re: HD PVR & grey decoder

The request to disconnect the one decoder was onlyvto try and establish what the install was like.

As Jan has also stated, two decoders can not share a single LNB connection and work properly, ever. The 2P decoder will only work properly with 2 universal LNB connections, which means that a total of 3 universal LNB connections are required.

Because MC  has changed its entire approach to satellite connectivity, it is now better to install a Unicable LNB. This way, only 2 cables are required from the LNB, one to each decoder.

Whomever installed the setup for you originally does not understand what the requirements are for a PVR to function properly, and neither how to implement XV correctly.

And no, switching on a TV connected to a decoder and getting picture does not mean it is working.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doin' it 4 Tv

Now that we finally have better information as to what LNB is installed we can give you the correct advice.

Looking at the picture of the Dish and LNB it is evident that there is only one white cable connected to a twin LNB. From what we see in your photo of the back of the two decoders it is noted that somewhere the cable from the LNB has been connected to either a T piece or a splitter or something to create two cable connections for the two decoders. That is what is causing your problems. If both your tv’s were working it could only have been intermittent. Two decoders cannot use the same universal port of a LNB

Geoff’s advice is spot on. To be able to get the PVR to record and restore all its functions and get the other decoder to work properly you need to have the LNB replaced and a second cable installed from the new LNB for the 1131.  

This is the best advice you will get. Believe me Geoff knows what he is talking about.

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S6   Samsung Tab
New poster

Both my tvs were working fine (could switch on and off,watch tv) except for record which was my intial problem. You guys told me to disconnect the 1131 decoder which was done and from that time my room tv has not been working. Therefore I do not understand what the lnb has to do with both tvs working if it was working before. I will try your instructions received yesterday to get the 2nd tv on again

BoxOffice

That is a twin universalvlnb with one cable connected. Completely unsuitable for what you want to do.

The installation needs upgrading. Get an installer in to replace the LNB  with a SLNB model LMX 501, NOT a LMX 502. 

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Please see attached imagine. This was the best image i could get.

I did not do what you asked me yesterday as i was busy but i will try it today.

I do live in a complex but each unit has its own dish and seperate antenna

BoxOffice

We also forgot to ask you if you are in a complex sharing an antenna feed and how many sat connections are available if so.

Highlighted
BoxOffice

Based on the picture you supplied and assuming one of the screenshots of the network settings, it would seem you have a Single or TWIN Universal LNB.

Please confirm how many cables are coming from the LNB.

If the 2P is working, it is only partially working IF the screenshots of the settings you sent are from the 2P settings. Then the 2P cannot possibly be working in all respects.

The 1131 decoder can only be connected to a universal port on the LNB with a cable going from a universal port to the LNB port on the 1131.

A SLNB model LMX 500 has 6 ports, 4 are labelled A,B,C,D and two are legacy ports.

A SLNB model LMX 501 has 4 ports, labelled A,B,C and 1 legacy port.

A TWIN LNB has only two ports

A single LNB has only one port.

Sho this is the key to getting your setup working. we must be able to establish what LNB you have.

In the meantime, reconnect the cable running between the two decoders to the RF OUT port on the 2P and to the RF IN port on the 1131. Connect the TV to the RF OUT port on the 1131. That will at least get the tv working in the BR again.

Now it is up to you to tell us IF you have a cable running from the 1131 direct to the LNB or not, and to which port on the LNB it is connected to, as well as the type of LNB.

Doin' it 4 Tv

We really need to know what type and model LNB is installed. Without that information we are guessing what is wrong. The wiring really depends on the LNB type and as Geoff said before we cannot help you without that information. 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S6   Samsung Tab
New poster

Pvr connection attached

New poster

Hi GeoffD

I removed the cables like u asked and my lounge tv is working well. How ever im having issues with my room tv. It keeps saying searching for signal. I need this up and running asap. Please let me know how I should connect my silver decoder. This is decoder 1131 not 1132. Please see attached my network settings.  I will attach another pic of how my pvr is connected. My room tv was working fine until i unplugged the 1131