Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Holiday Decoder

28 REPLIES 28
Showmaxed

Re: Holiday Decoder

Hi again - sorry but I won't assist or discuss via PM (now disabled), a forum is made for sharing - something MC don't understand either with their often secret communications... so here's a copy below of what you just sent me, but there's still no detail of the problem so we can't assist at all.

We would at least need to know if you're trying to take you only decoder with you, or if there's more than one decoder then explain if it's the primary or a secondary that you're trying to use on holiday, or if it's instead a separate seldom used decoder, and what you've been told the hold-up or problem actually is, etc., etc.

The more detail, the more chance of an answer.

Note that I'm not sure if I'll be around more today.

Holiday decoder not activated

Thx Optimist. It's not an account issue, account paid via debit order monthly. Issue is technical as after each of the various contacts (via Internet, call cente calls, tweets and FB> the response received is - we have referred the issue to our technical/escalation team to resolve, please bear with us. And then nobody reverts. It appears to me that there are teams who respond to requests for help but no single person takes ownership and sees the issue through to a conclusion and communicates along the way. So you get passed from pillar to post. 

Anyway, a lady called Grace has responded with messages last night and I am hopeful she will see this thing through and help sort it out. Watch this space.

Showmaxed

@DKW  wrote:

...Does anyone on the forum maybe have a solution, short of buying another decoder which DSTV would love and I would not!

@DKW  , we certainly empathise as service seems to be at a general all time low.

That PM may help as some Mods do their best here, but note that this is the last place to come to for quick or complex help from MC as it's not an official customer touchpoint, they think we'll largely just help each other... even though we have no access to their systems and most people don't have the knowledge for this over-complicated set of services... go figure :-/

Sometimes there are good help attempts anyway, but there's not a thing we can try suggest if the problem's details aren't explained to us - which you haven't done - we don't even know if it's account related, or a technical issue of some sort? So if now still in need of help, when feeling a little less frustrated please post all the info about that.

@DKW, kindly check your PM for our response. 

Highlighted
DKW
Anime

As we move into day 8, no holiday decoder activation, DSTV now ignores requests for help via FB and tweets. The DSTV castle walls are strong, we must keep those pesky customers away from us!! I have asked them, pse tell me what the problem is and offer me a solution. Instead I get, we have referred the problem to our technical team to resolve, please bear with us. Over and over, into the perpetual loop. Not one attempt at a solution or be pro active and maybe phone a customer. Does anyone on the forum maybe have a solution, short of buying another decoder which DSTV would love and I would not!

DKW
Anime

I have been trying for 7 days now to get holiday decoder activated. Contacted DSTV via calls, Internet, tweeting and FB. Every time, answer is sorry we have escalated to our technical team to resolve, but does not get resolved. Front line staff bear the brunt of frustration and management are safely hidden behind the walls of contacts via social media etc. Nobody commits a time line to resolve or offers any kind of solution. And for this fine service we pay a premium price. Very, very, very poor!!

BoxOffice

The same from me. But I think it needed to be said
Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Showmaxed

Personally speaking, sorry to have done so before being invited to ;-)

BoxOffice

Feel free to hijack my thread Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Showmaxed

@Cya_DStv1 wrote:

@OptimistSo would you forumites still prefer to receive the newsletter, it may seem like a no-brainer but we can only enhance the platform through suggestions that are noted. Also, outside of the Mnet highlights, what other channels highlights would you like to see in future? 

@Cya_DStv1, you've apparently misunderstood my post.

I'm not discussing the value of the newsletter, just mentioned that it no longer advertises this forum.

Further to your comments - posts about needed technical enhancements to this platform have for most part appeared to have fallen on deaf ears, as far as results to date go anyway, and no further mention of channel highlights has been made as that was sorted out.

As per another thread, it's not the Mods that are of concern to some of us, it's management's decisions.

But I really can't be a spokesperson, others will add what they feel if they see it of value.

Doin' it 4 Tv

@Optimist So would you forumites still prefer to receive the newsletter, it may seem like a no-brainer but we can only enhance the platform through suggestions that are noted. Also, outside of the Mnet highlights, what other channels highlights would you like to see in future?