Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Holiday Decoder

Showmaxed

Re: Holiday Decoder

The situation has got worse.

There is no mention of this community forum anywhere anymore - no menu listing at dstv.com nor any link at the bottom of those pages, and a search for "community" there only leads to the intro article from May. There's also no mention or link in the newsletters anymore.

Perhaps due to our natural refusal to become docile here, but clearly we're wasting our time further addressing this issue. I suggest we all just make the most use of this forum while we can if it suits us.

BoxOffice

@Kagiso DStv1 I fully agree with the sentiments expressed by Optimist To reflesh our minds I have made some extracts of salient facts of what was said/promissed when the switch to this forum was announsed on the previous DStv Forum In the middle of April of this year, we'll switch over to Lithium communities which will then replace this Forum. Essentially you as our customers will still be able to interact with each other and representatives of the company to get your queries answered and issues resolved. It will just be called DStv Communities and not the DStv Forum, and will be hosted on a different platform. Moving across to this new platform helps us as a business to integrate all our customer interaction in one place. This means the team who currently look after our social media platforms, will also be responsible for engaging with you on DStv communities. The good news is that you will then get resolution and engagement during extended hours very similar to the contact centre (7 days a week, 7am to 11pm weekdays and Saturdays, 7am to 2pm Sundays). The team will still call on senior subject matter experts as and when needed.
Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
BoxOffice

@Kagiso_DStv1 wrote:

@Luke7777, for customer service related queries, please contact the customer service team on their Twitter page @DStvCare, Facebook page (DStvZa) or email help@dstv.com. 

I wasn't requesting help, I was conveying the screwup in your Holiday Home billing to my fellow forumites. I know very well that MC is totally incapable of proving customer service in a community forum

Btw, if this was on the old forum,  MC Solomon would've picked on this HH issue, contacted me via PM and attempted to clarify or resolve this..... not pointing me to other platforms , which is what you seem to be doing...

Just saying... Smiley Happy

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Showmaxed

BTW, this appears at the bottom of every community forum page;

"© MultiChoice Support Services (Pty) Ltd"

Showmaxed

(Ignore this line - spam filter playing up again for some reason)

email is too slow and quite often fails to deliver with companies in my experience, and seldom delivers the same helper so at times one has to then keep starting again.

(Ignore this line - spam filter playing up again for some reason)

Online chat is fine (BTW, that works from any dstv.com page). But for ages there always has been forum support, which can't be beat for its ability to deliver potential wider support at the same time and there's no reason to stop it just as the forum location etc. changed. Many continue to prefer this medium, among plenty of better positives it tends to have a more mature membership.

At no stage will MC be able to deny that;

1. They had (recently) planned to make this forum the base and main centre of social media type support - we have it in writing from a senior position as you know.

2. They already offer customer service here, they just don't want to focus more on it.

3. They are scared of how we openly address poor service issues like no other platform is structurally capable of doing. It was often mentioned that some MC seniors would prefer not to have a forum due to our practiced and determined approach at times, and they've somehow got the upper hand now - perhaps due to MC's self-believing new "economic need" to further weaken some essential services.

But although difficult and our involvement lessened here, some of us aren't going anywhere...

@Jan-Horn, it is indeed true that not everyone uses social media platforms. This customers have an option to use the online Chat Support service available on the DStv Now website and the email address (help@dstv.com). 

BoxOffice

@Kagiso_DStv1 I think it is time that the moderators realise that not everybody is into facebook and twitter. At the time this platform were established it was apart from replacing the DStv forum also announced that the MC staff attending the social media like facebook and twitter accounts' would also be monitoring this platform. Isn't it time that the customer Services team start monitoring this platform aswell.as facebook and twitter. I really cannot see why they can only assist if it is submitted on social media.
Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab

@Luke7777, for customer service related queries, please contact the customer service team on their Twitter page @DStvCare, Facebook page (DStvZa) or email help@dstv.com. 

BoxOffice

Ok, so I reactivated on the 29th at the default 2 days without problems. The only difference was this time my billing got a bit haywired...I got billed a day extra.

The first one was actived on the 25th , terminated on the 26th . so the charge is correctly on the 26th

The 2nd one was done on the 29th, and should've been terminated on the 30th. Instead I have 2 charges there... the 1st on the wrong date (should've been 30th) and the other one after my requested termination

2018-07-31 10:10:23 PMDStv Premium SubscriptionR26.10
2018-07-29 07:46:31 AMDStv Premium SubscriptionR52.19
2018-07-26 10:05:09 PMDStv Premium SubscriptionR52.19

Adding to this ,  my HH balance showing

Holiday Homes
R52,58
Due on 1 September 2018

Makes total sense, doesn't it Smiley Very Happy
SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
BoxOffice

@krugie wrote:

@Luke7777 wrote:

/update....

One would think that a reply to a post would end up at the end of a thread. 

You can change the sorting order under Options to have the most recent post appear either first or last.

Thanks, changed mine to old-new Smiley Happy