Welcome to Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How do I connect Extraview with explora 3 as my primary decoder and explora 1 as the secondary decod

3 REPLIES 3
Trending

Re: How do I connect Extraview with explora 3 as my primary decoder and explora 1 as the secondary d

Okay then it is fairly simple.

Run a cable from the SLNB to the room where you want the second decoder located.  The cable should be connected to port B on the SLNB, assuming the existing decoder is connected to port A.

Once the decoders are connected you need to configure the network settings.

I presume the Explora 1 is set to use UBs 0,1,2, which is the decoder 1 settings?

Set the Explora 3A to make use of decoder 2 settings as per the installation wizard.

Next hurdle is the HB.  you will need to get a Diplexer to install behind the Explora 1 so that it will be able to receive HB from the Explora 3 via the SLNB cabling. 

You will need to sort all this out before you contact MC to setup XV.

Do you have a diplexer?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Re: How do I connect Extraview with explora 3 as my primary decoder and explora 1 as the secondary d

I'm in a house. A smart lnb is connected to the antenna

Trending

What LNB is installed in the antenna, or if in a complex what LNB  connections do you have available?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

How do I connect Extraview with explora 3 as my primary decoder and explora 1 as the secondary decod