Welcome to Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How do I connect Extraview with explora 3 as my primary decoder and explora 1 as the secondary decod

5 REPLIES 5
Red Carpet

Re: How do I connect Extraview with explora 3 as my primary decoder and explora 1 as the secondary d

@Rodsman62 wrote:

I have a smart LNB and and a Multiswitch ABMs2x4.  How do i proceed or would I need a diplexer?

The 2 x 4 MS is of no use to you.

You will need a Diplexer to either extract the HB from the 3A decoder for connection to the Explora 1 if the Explora 3A is the Primary,

or,

If the Explora 1 is the Primary, to either combine the HB with the LNB cabling or, insert the HB into the Explora 3A if you do not want the HB to run via the SLNB.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Re: How do I connect Extraview with explora 3 as my primary decoder and explora 1 as the secondary d

I have a smart LNB and and a Multiswitch ABMs2x4.  How do i proceed or would I need a diplexer?

Red Carpet

Okay then it is fairly simple.

Run a cable from the SLNB to the room where you want the second decoder located.  The cable should be connected to port B on the SLNB, assuming the existing decoder is connected to port A.

Once the decoders are connected you need to configure the network settings.

I presume the Explora 1 is set to use UBs 0,1,2, which is the decoder 1 settings?

Set the Explora 3A to make use of decoder 2 settings as per the installation wizard.

Next hurdle is the HB.  you will need to get a Diplexer to install behind the Explora 1 so that it will be able to receive HB from the Explora 3 via the SLNB cabling. 

You will need to sort all this out before you contact MC to setup XV.

Do you have a diplexer?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

I'm in a house. A smart lnb is connected to the antenna

Red Carpet

What LNB is installed in the antenna, or if in a complex what LNB  connections do you have available?

New poster

How do I connect Extraview with explora 3 as my primary decoder and explora 1 as the secondary decod