Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Installation help

8 REPLIES 8
Trending

Re: Installation help

As already stated write down the settings! And make sure the Primary decoder is connected to port A on the SLNB. Presume you have a LMX 500 SLNB?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

We're glad to assist @Lettuce  .

Just a suggestion since you're now using all 4 Unicable ports - if you haven't then perhaps make careful notes about all your related settings, as Geoff touched on it can be a real pain if MC cause some sort of reset and we do see that happening too frequently.

New poster

Hi all. Thank you for your replies. Upon closer inspection the 3 exploras were connected to B, C and D on the SLNB. I connected one to A and then connected the series 4 single view to the remaining unicable port. I set up a UB en frequency and voila!

Thank you for the help

Trending

It would seem so.  But can you imagine the confusion if OP was to phone into the call centre!

4 decoders running on a single LMX500 SLNB is possible, with all using the Unicable ports BUT would require very careful setting up of the UBs on each decoder! And imagine the issues everytime MC "fiddles" with the decoder settings during their daily maintenance reboots.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doin' it 4 Tv

Just confirming this is 2 separate installations on a single SLNB... 1 tripple Xtraview and a separate 5 series..  ? 

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Highlighted
Trending

Please confirm which Explora models you have, as well as which HD decoder model. Also the model of the SLNB.

If you want to run this type of setup, the decoder connected to Port A on the SLNB must never be switched off or even placed in Standby to guarantee power to the SLNB at all times.

The HD decoder must be configured to use a Universal connection, and the network settings saved, otherwise these will return to defaults om a reboot or power failure.

Red Carpet

Hi again  @Lettuce  , please note that I gave incorrect info re the 5 series HD Decoders, they are the same as the 4 series re the above info. I've edited the post to correct it.

They also have (or had) limited user band index options, so if you have one and want it on Unicable as well then you may need to do some juggling with the other decoders.

That's all from me, all the best with it :-)

Red Carpet

Hi, I'll get you started but you may have to wait for when others are available for any more.

You said; "...to one of the universal connections on the LNB" - this suggests that you have the original LMX500 Smart LNB (SLNB), which some of my advice will be based on.

The main reason for this kind of fault is likely to be a lack of power. You need to use a strong power source (best Explora option) connected to port A of the SLNB.

The best in this regard is considered the following, with the most powerful first;

Explora 2A

Explora 1

Explora 3A

I'm only presuming the Explora 1 is more powerful than the 3A as it's a larger unit.

Note that one of the most powerful model should also be the XV Primary choice.

The 4th Unicable port must be terminated in this case.

If you can't improve things with this Explora use configuration, we'll have to look into alternative power supply related options.

---------------

Another possible issue is your setting for use of Universal ports being incorrect.

The 4 and 5 series HD Decoders - they can use Universal but you must select that in the menu. However, that can be a disadvantage with how well your EPG works on it, so you may want to use the 4th Unicable port and adjust for that instead - if so, make sure you use an unused user band index and its allocated frequency for both of the two tuners.

(EDITED due to mistakes re 5 series, now done.)

Let us know how it goes.

New poster

Installation help

I have 3 exploras in an xtra view setup connected to a smart LNB

I have now connected a single view HD decoder (not xtra view) to one of the universal  connections on the LNB. At first it worked fine but when I switched all the Exploras back on, after testing, the single view’s signal drops to -1

Please assist?