Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Installer than can do HDMI distribution

2 REPLIES 2
Doccie

Re: Installer than can do HDMI distribution

Thanks for the helpful reply. Will call Space TV in the morning and also point the installers to these checks.

Red Carpet

Re: Installer than can do HDMI distribution

Phone Space TV in Brackenfell and ask them for a recommendation.

There are a few things you need to check out though to try and find out why power surges are knocking out the HDMI distribution.

1. Are the cables feeding the end point running parallel to the power wiring --- not a good idea.
  2. Have you installed class 3 power surge protection for the decoders and the switch and do they all draw power from the same power source?
  3. Think about getting class 1 and 2 surge protection installed in your DB board.
  4. Is the antenna grounded for lightning protection?  If so you need someone to come in and check if it has been done properly, as there could be an unwanted earth loop there somewhere.
Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doccie

Installer than can do HDMI distribution

I have a 4x4 matrix switch in my lounge with 2 Exploras being distributed to 3 different rooms via Cat-5/6 (not sure which). The Matrix died after a power outage. It can be probably be repaired but this has happened before - about 3 years ago - and it has never quite functioned correctly since (random resets, lost signal requiring matrix reboot etc).  The last time we had it repaired we were without DSTV for more than a week. I'd rather not be in the same position again and preferably want it working in time for weekend Sport and World Cup. I've had bad luck with installers in the past, including the guys who did the current installation. Remotes wouldn't work in the bedrooms, Matrix didn't deliver as promised etc.

I'm looking for a credible installer than can satisfy our basic need of distributing the 2 Exploras to three seperate viewing environments. Everything's already cabled up. Most likely needs a replacement of the Matrix and perhaps remote eyes. Each viewing location doesn't necessarily need access to both Exploras.