Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Lost signal to bedrooms?

8 REPLIES
BoxOffice

Re: Lost signal to bedrooms?

That is why I never install these pieces of junk!

SLX splitter with the right number of outputs and you are good to go.

Setback amps, especially the older ones do not have the bandwidth needed anyway.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

It's okay husband has someone coming to check (F1 weekend) I think the splitter box is

@GeoffD wrote:

You will have to check all the settings startling with the decoder. Makes sure whichvUHF CH is in use. Verify remote commands are being received by the decoder. That will confirm tvLINK power is okay.

Then disconnect the feed to the RF distribution at the decoder and connect a TV directly to the RF out of the decoder. Prove that you can now receive an RF picture. If you can't after checkingvall configs, it means the RF modulator is no longer working in the decoder.

Which model are you talkingvabout?

Are the any other devices such as Luke 7777 has suggested in the chain?

most likely the problem or the signal booster as Luke suggested will let you know what the problem is 

BoxOffice

You will have to check all the settings startling with the decoder. Makes sure whichvUHF CH is in use. Verify remote commands are being received by the decoder. That will confirm tvLINK power is okay.

Then disconnect the feed to the RF distribution at the decoder and connect a TV directly to the RF out of the decoder. Prove that you can now receive an RF picture. If you can't after checkingvall configs, it means the RF modulator is no longer working in the decoder.

Which model are you talkingvabout?

Are the any other devices such as Luke 7777 has suggested in the chain?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Action

Maybe this got nailed

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
New poster

Hi Geoff 

I'm at work now so cannot check. I assume the power is on to the TV links as the red lights are on the decoders are both playing on the main TV via HDMI the other TVs 5 in total have no signal whatsoever we tried retuning the TVs doesn't pick up anything 

BoxOffice

Check the tvLINK power settings on the decoder and make sure it is on, assuming the splitter is a SLX  type.  

Verify that the UHF channel number has not been reset to default by a decoder sw upgrade. Do you know what the value was previously set to?

Make sure TV standard is set to PAL I

What model decoder? Can you see what sw level it is on?

New poster

Rebooted didn't help. They are connected to the main TV via HDMI and from there via RF I called the call centre and someone tried to help but couldn't work out the problem. It must have something to do with the connection from the splitter to the other TVs as I said the main TV plays happily and the others have no signal? 

@GeoffD wrote:

Reboot the decoder/s one by one and call me in the morning if still not working .... Man LOL

How is the main TV connected to the decoder/s? via HDMI or RF?

How do you distribute a signal to the rooms?  via RF or via some or other HDMI extender?

BoxOffice

Reboot the decoder/s one by one and call me in the morning if still not working .... Man LOL

How is the main TV connected to the decoder/s? via HDMI or RF?

How do you distribute a signal to the rooms?  via RF or via some or other HDMI extender?

Highlighted
New poster

Lost signal to bedrooms?

We had a power trip this afternoon which has resulted in having absolutely no signal from both decoders to other parts of the house the main TV is working perfectly with signal what should I be doing to sort it out please