Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Model 5s extra view

6 REPLIES 6
Trending

Re: Model 5s extra view

There is no way that moving to port B  could've worse! You have vrot cable connectors on your hands if that is the case. Poor cabling is a prime cause of this sort of problem. And then the setups as per Jan's post.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doin' it 4 Tv

The 2 decoders are set up to use different user band indexes? If both are still on the default values it will cause a conflict causing the decoders to misbehave. We normally recommended  to keep the primary on the default values and to change the secondary. 

Using the UB wizard choose Decoder 2 for the secondary and decoder 1 for the primary. It is best to do one at a time with the other one switched off and disconnected. 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
KDT
New poster

Hi Jan

Apologies for the late reply and thanks for the response.

As I replied GeoffD I re-did all the connections and yes used a barrel connector. Moving it to port B is actually worse. See response to GeoffD.

KDT
New poster

Hi GeoffD

Apologies for the late reply and thanks for your response. 

I have re-done all the connections to make sure it is correct. Moving it to port B it is showing no signal at all vs port C which indicates the e48-32 no signal error.

I do agree that the best method is to use a single from start to end, but I could not found a store close to home which sells cable per meter. I had to resort in buying a 10m cable and a 20m cable with the barrel connectors to join.

Trending

I suggest you move the 5S connection to port B for starters and place the termination on the port C.

Then you must check the cable connection end to end.

The ONLY reliable way to join cables is with two F connectors and a barrel. Any other method is always a problem.

Check every single connector. Makes sure it has been properly made off, especially look for folded over centre conductors, and bad earth on the shield or thin strands of the shield that might have shorted out the connection.

The absolute best way is NEVER to join cables, replace the entire cable length rather

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doin' it 4 Tv

I take it you used a barrel connector to join the cable. You could start by checking all the connections to see if they are properly done. Remember that the braided screening wire is part of the connection and should make proper contact with the F connector with no contact with the center conductor

One would normally use the next available uniport on the SLNB in this case port B  for the XV and only port C should be terminated.  But I do not think using port C is causing the problem .The universal port should be left open.  

That is about all that I can think of.

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
KDT
New poster

Model 5s extra view

Good Day

I'm having issues with my 5s model as a secondary decoder on extra view.

The setup: Explora 2a (primary)with the new smart lnb (LMX501). The cabling is done as follow - Port A on LNB to Explora 2a; Port C cable running to decoder 5s. The Universal Port and Port B do have the terminators connected.

Contacted MC to enable extra view on decoder 5s.

My problem however is that I do not get a signal to the 2nd decoder, error message stating no signal.

Can it be as a result that the cable running from the LNB is joined using F Connector Coax Joining Kit as I needed about 30m of cabling?

Thanks