Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No signal error

4 REPLIES 4
Red Carpet

Re: No signal error

If there is a second decoder in the install, and that decoder shows good signals when the other does not, then it is very rare that it would be an install issue.

The Explora decoders should be connected to the unicable ports on the SLNB. ALWAYS make sure the PRIMARY  decoder is connected to PORT A  on the SLNB. I say always because it is imperative that the Primary decoder always works in an XV environment and that the decoder with the most capable power supply is used to provide primary power to the SLNB.

At the moment that means that an Explora 1 or Explora 2A is connected to ports A  and B on a SLNB. 

Whether MC wants to acknowledge it or not, the authentication system is messing around with the power feed to the LNBs which always triggers these problems. Then, only a full reboot will sort out the problem. And it happens 3 - 4 times a day!

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

@Nokukhanya wrote:

My signal keeps getting. I have taken the decoder to Multichoice in Umhlanga and I was told there is nothing wrong with it I need to contact the installer. The installer has come to my house 2 times now and has changed the LNB cable but the problem still persists. He is now telling me to take back the decoder to be checked. this is really frustrating and has been going on for a month now, I am basically paying for a dsvt explora that is not functioning

Hi I am having the same problem  I have replaced the smart Lnb and the cable. Its an explora 2a single install with a smart lnb with 90cm dish. The installer has come twice and still no signal and he has recommended I take the decoder back to multichoice. These exploras are buggy and should be reported to the consumer protection council and should all be recalled. My HD pvr is working fine with 100% signal. 

Viewer

I am unable to install the DSTV and getting the signal error regularly. I am using the SLNB as well. Some of my friends are suggesting me to ask g-suite tech support regarding this. Is there any way I can get to fix this error?

Red Carpet

We can't help without more info. What LNB and antenna size has been installed? Assuming this is a single unit dwelling and not a MUD, The Explora decoders only work properly with either a 5-2 switch or with a SLNB .

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Viewer

No signal error

My signal keeps getting. I have taken the decoder to Multichoice in Umhlanga and I was told there is nothing wrong with it I need to contact the installer. The installer has come to my house 2 times now and has changed the LNB cable but the problem still persists. He is now telling me to take back the decoder to be checked. this is really frustrating and has been going on for a month now, I am basically paying for a dsvt explora that is not functioning