Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Quattro NLB and SmartSwitch

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Red Carpet

Re: Quattro NLB and SmartSwitch

He has an Explora, an HD decoder and one old analogue decoder ----  Enough ports on the LMX 501.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

One correction - the LMX 501 can only offer one Universal port so it would have to be the LMX 500 for your two such ports needs, but they're old so unlikely to be easy to find. Therefore if the experiments suggested don't work / suit your needs then the other suggestion of a 24-1Z smart switch is the answer.

Red Carpet

The problem IS with the ES 5-1 or 5-2 switch. It does not have the power handling capability to drive the Quattro LNB, and the Explora decoders are not really able to properly drive the ES - switches.  

You have two choices now available to you.  Replace the 5-1 or 5-2 switch with a 24-1Z switch connected to the Quattro LNB,

or replace the LNB with an SLNB model LMX 501

You could try and connect the older decoders to ports 1 and 3 instead and see what happens or simply just leave the two Hi band connections disconnected.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Replaced the Quattro with the Dual again, everything works 100%

Guess either the Quattro's faulty (unlikely as the Explora works fine), or it's something with MultiChoice's SmartSwitch?

New poster

Quattro NLB and SmartSwitch

Hi,

I installed a new dish today as my old one was starting to rust and I've been having some signal issues.  Instead of replacing every 2-3 years (which has become the norm), I have opted for a 1m, fiberglass dish.  I also decided to go the route of a quattro NLB, instead of the normal dual NLBs.

On my main Explorer, everything is 100%.  Everything goes, high 90ties for signal, 100% for quality.

On both my normal Digital HD, and old Analogue SD decoders, I have zero signal.  The Quattro is connected correctly H/L, H/H, V/L, V/H to the SmartSwitch, my explora sits on port A for the UNICABLE outputs, and the Explora works.

My two other decoders, are connected to ports 1, and 2 of the normal outputs.

This should work, I'm stumped as to why now all of a sudden my normal decoders would not work anymore.

Am I missing something?