Welcome to Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Re: Where has all the relevant installation (and other) info from the old forum been moved to

18 REPLIES 18
Anime

Re: EXPLORA1. DIPLEXER. HD DECODERS WITH NO RF OUT

i will try and get one from Ellies or Zakspeed. The one i have, i got from Soundtech.Chinese make. 

Red Carpet

Thanks for the feedback @Poenas1, hope it goes well.

Personally I would rather just buy another standard diplexer, they're not pricey.

The complication is going to be getting the call centre to get the HB working when the connections are unsure, may take quite a few irritating calls. You could always try the odd one after things are working, and then keep it as a spare.

Anime

I never got to add 2nd diplexer. It was weekend and so was afraid that i would struggle and not to watch the sport over the weekend, so i just went back to the 2 tv extra view.

@Optimist wrote:

@Poenas1, further feedback would be helpful if you see this and successfully used that other diplexer - what make / model it is, and what configuration worked.

Thanks.

I will rather try during the week.

Red Carpet

@Poenas1, further feedback would be helpful if you see this and successfully used that other diplexer - what make / model it is, and what configuration worked.

Thanks.

Red Carpet

From another thread - Aerial King's strange diplexer markings have similar labels, if you want to experiment which can't harm anything and may get faster results. But it's up to you to try decipher it then;

@Optimist wrote:

Reverse usage:

ANT (S1) - connects to the RF coaxial cable you will be routing

I/O (PX) - connects to the LNB input port

SAT (S2) - connects to the LNB's cable coming from the dish

Red Carpet

@Poenas1 wrote:

...althouh the 1 diplexer i have has diffrent markings on them. Sat1, Sat and TX

Ouch! I presume that's a second diplexer you already have...

Post the make and model number when you can please, and where you purchased it. If available a link would help.

A pic of the labelling could also assist - but then use the "Browse" button when posting as the "Photo" button on top doesn't allow others to see the pic.

Anime

i will do it that way. althouh the 1 diplexer i have has diffrent markings on them. Sat1, Sat and TX

Highlighted
Red Carpet

Ok, and sorry I didn't recall that possible problem earlier :-)

Firstly note that the connections at the SLNB's Unicable ports remain the same.

The Explora will now connect directly to the SLNB cable.

A diplexer will be used behind each of the 5 series decoders. This type of connection is done in reverse, thereby creating a RF feed which can then receive the HB.

So, the connections at each 5 series decoder are as follows;

The diplexer's SAT port connects to the SLNB's cable.

The diplexer's I/O port connects to the decoder's LNB input port.

The diplexer's ANT port connects to the new HB cable which will connect to the Explora's RF Out port.

At the Explora, you can use a T-piece connector to join the two HB cables together so that they can both connect to the Explora's RF Out port. However any long distances involved may require better equipment.

(Note that this doesn't allow for series 5 decoder RF signals for use on other TV's, for that we would need to additionally discuss using RF Modulators.)

Anime

Yes please.  i will do it that way.

Red Carpet

I've just remembered that problems can occur only with such a 3rd decoder under just these Explora 1 circumstances, as explained by the old forum's Mod for installations.

Why was never clear, but he couldn't figure it out either at the time.

So, as such it may be better to then use the RF distribution method, which does then use a second diplexer, and changes quite a few things.

Let me know if you're happy to instead use a HB cable between the decoders and I would then explain that. This other method is completely reliable.