Did you mean: 
Need help?

Replace DSD1131 Xtraview decoders with Explora 2 decoders

SOLVED
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
New poster

Re: Replace DSD1131 Xtraview decoders with Explora 2 decoders

Thank you for feedback GeoffD. It is really appreciated. 

I have the answers that I required. 

Red Carpet

I would think so, as an antenna without an LNB is useless. The voucher probably includes an LMX 502Z which is suitable for two Explora decoders.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Thanks GeoffD

I will be scrapping the old decoders. 

Am I correct in assuming that the installation voucher will include the correct LNB.

Red Carpet

The Explora require a new LNB to be installed, as the old one won't work anymore.

Are you scrapping those 1131's?

IF so then the new LNB could be a LMX 502Z.

IF you intend keeping the 1131's then a LMX 501 is required.

Next yes, once the new LNB is installed, you can connect up the second one yourself, PROVIDED the installer connects the cable to one of the Unicable ports on the replacement LNB.

The UHF channel number can simply be transferred the new decoders.

The XV distribution stays as is using the same connections you have now.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
BoxOffice

@adamslawrence wrote:
Everything with dstv is just wrong I am Kenyan and is like I pay to to be punished by Nigerian channels. That means I watch half of the channels provided in the package which is also "termed as" {MONEY WASTAGE}. Any better provider out there come out now we need saving. I should be watching something I understand and worth paying for.

You should be complaining to DStv Kenya.. this forum is for SA subscribers only.   It's not that we don't have similar issues here ...we just can't help you Smiley Happy 

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
New poster

Everything with dstv is just wrong I am Kenyan and is like I pay to to be punished by Nigerian channels. That means I watch half of the channels provided in the package which is also "termed as" {MONEY WASTAGE}. Any better provider out there come out now we need saving. I should be watching something I understand and worth paying for.
New poster

Replace DSD1131 Xtraview decoders with Explora 2 decoders

Hi 

I have some questions that I hope to have answered before I contact an installer?

Below is my current xtraview setup:

DSD1131 configured as primary in bedroom 1

DSD1131 configured as secondary in the lounge

RF out from lounge to RF in to bedroom 1

RF out from bedroom 1 to splitter sharing both decoders to bedroom 2 and bedroom 3

New setup:

Bought Explora 2 with an installation voucher 

Bought another Explora 2 without an installation voucher

Do I only have to pay the installer for the 2nd LNB connection? No heartbeat setup required. 

Will my current RF setup still work as is by keeping the current UHF channels?

Thanks