Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Transposed Frequencies

17 REPLIES 17
Nominee

Re: Transposed Frequencies

Details of SMATV and related future needs are being discussed here: https://community.dstv.com/t5/Installation/MUD-Installations-New-DStv-Requirements/td-p/2800/jump-to...

New poster

Thank you
Nominee

Sorry, should have added this simple test to confirm either way;

Help \ General Information \ Tuner Status \ Tuner 3 Status

Signal Strength - around 70%+ required (80%+ on live TV's tuner 1 and tuner 2 when busy recording)

Signal Quality - around 90%+ required

Note that there are some anomalies with a few transponders that then report lower values.

Nominee

@Grasshopper- a further thought - there are cyclic tech problems with the delivery of CU & BO, and recently I have noticed a few newer BO titles taking too long to arrive again... doesn't affect everyone, at least not at the same time.

Highlighted
Community Manager

@Howdent,  If it's a SMATV (single cable solution) it will not receive the channels mentioned because it's horizontal transponders and the SMATV system don't have any capacity for extra horizontal channels. The B.C. will have to upgrade their installation to fibre or Hybrid system. 

Nominee

Also note that an Explora's tuner 2 will normally reflect something low or 0%, it's only used for recordings you choose to make and so is only accurate when those recordings are underway...

...that's when the signals are capable - and from what you've posted there may be a concern with that factor as well, which the complex and their installer MUST check.

Tuner 3 takes care of your BO (Box Office) & CU (Catch Up), but that transponder for the Explora 2 has never changed so I would therefore suspect low problem signals.

Re your guesses at what they've transposed further - very sad that you should have to end up even considering that, which is not something I would try to rely on. Hope you can tackle your BC enough without endangering the relationship...

Red Carpet

That I can't say without knowing on which transponder the CU etc data stream is provided. If that data stream is on the affected transponders then yes it is the explanation. I don't have an Explora (very glad I don't have one) so can't check for you.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Thank you, much appreciated . 

So is the reason my DSTV Catch Up and Box Office are not updating with new content because of additional transponders whose frequencies I do not have ?

Red Carpet

As I stated originally, ONLY the BC and the installer responsible for the MUD installation can fix this problem by givingbyou the full list of transposed frequencies. Saying everything is fine is just BS. If they have catered for the additional transponders they would be able to give you the frequencies. If they can't then it means the MUD installation has not been updated to cater for the added channels. No amount of fiddling or changing decoders or calls to the call center will ever be able to do anything about it.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Hello Nontsiki

Thanks so your response ,much appreciated.

My concerns are the similar to  @Howdent ‘s  I have an Explora 2 and as of a few months ago , my DSTV CatchUp and Boxoffice show really old content and as each show/ movie expires I have access to less and less entertainment .  This is truly disappointing . 

I have called the DStv call centre , talked to my body corporate and installer on numerous occasions but they say everything is fine , but been told to check my tuner 2 signal with is 0%.

Previously when I had a similar problem and received no help , I noted that some horizontal frequencies did not have transposed frequencies and when I guessed them and entered them into my home network settings my DSTV explora content was updated . 

If you could help it would be appreciated .