Welcome to Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Where has all the relevant installation (and other) info from the old forum been moved to

Highlighted
Romance

Where has all the relevant installation (and other) info from the old forum been moved to

As per the subject. Since MC has decided to "remove" the old forum from visibility, which in my opinion was extremely short-sighted since all useful links points to the info on the old site, I will now have to ask questions that has been answered many times before , and annoy people who has answered those questions many times before Man Mad

Surely the best way for all concerned would've been to put the whole forum in "archived" mode, so no new posts could be created,  with a huge banner pointing to the new site... 

But no ... Man MadMan Mad

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary) Explora 2A (Secondary) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode |DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi .... but not for long
8 REPLIES
Romance

Re: Where has all the relevant installation (and other) info from the old forum been moved to

260+ viewes and not a single response from MC as to where and when the installation info will be available.   @Optimist It's sad when something that is functioning well in real life, is removed in favour of promises. 

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary) Explora 2A (Secondary) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode |DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi .... but not for long
BoxOffice

Re: Where has all the relevant installation (and other) info from the old forum been moved to

@Luke7777, the saddest thing is that we were strung along for well over a year, with meetings and solid unfolding plans. As a result some of us have lost our livelihood.

And with our forum section managers gone from direct involvement, under all these circumstances there's few in existence who can offer the complex and detailed quality tech help needed here. My hat off to whoever may manage to anyway.

I'll let the subject go now. As for MC, DIY cannot be stopped, and the believed security factor shouldn't ever be more important than their reason for existence - customers.

Romance

Still waiting for MC to advise.....

Doin' it 4 Tv

As the saying goes, we may have to wait for "Hell to Freeze over".

This new platform makes it very difficult to post screen shots, tricky to insert files, and quite a few browsers seem to have difficulty in opening attachments anyway.

Then we were told that certain key threads would be moved over to this new platform ---- no sign of them.

Then we were told that we would have an area to place key information --- I interpreted this to be the "Knowldege Base" facility on Lithium --- and that is not even catered for on the platform.

No sign of our requests to add more labels being attended to and we are told that IF we want to report certain things, we must do so via Facebook and Twitter.

The Spam filtering process rejects genuine in depth posts dealing with installation matters at a drop of a hat, and the moderators don't come back to you ---  I interpret that to mean they are not even bothering to check Spam, even if you request them to do so.

And then look at how long it is taking for them to deal with simple things that are not working on the platform ----- I suppose we should be used to that, as this is the same scenario we see with decoder software faults ---  No feedback and months to attend to the simplest of software issues.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Romance

Yip, I honestly can't see the benefit of this platform over the other one if there aren't at least the same level of participation and cooperation from MC.   

Sad....

BoxOffice

(@Mods - take note!)

The automoderator is definitely out of control.

The 2nd post I added to the tech info thread this morning had wild problems;

The whole post kept getting moderated, so I did it in halves with an edit.

That then got nuked whenever I tried to post a further "reply", so suggest you people use another reply button if it happens to you, in other words use the first or a previous post's reply button.

This forum is pathetic. Done what I'm willing to, as others have recently stated it's now up to MC to come to the table enough first! :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  !!!!!!!!!

Romance

Lovely... more than a week has passed and not one MC person has even bothered to respond ... truely sad Man Sad  Really says a lot for their commitment to this forum and the community 

Doin' it 4 Tv

And the lack of response just continues .........

The old forum is now no longer accessible (easily) by us, so all info that was archived there is now effectively lost .

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM