Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

XTRA VIEW SETUP WITH EXPLORA + TWO EXPLORA 2s

10 REPLIES 10
Red Carpet

Re: XTRA VIEW SETUP WITH EXPLORA + TWO EXPLORA 2s

@ARN wrote:

Yes my primary explora 2 and explora 1 are in one room on the rf out port i will uses a cable for rf viewing on TV2 uses a T split for heartbeat to explora 1 and from explora 2 will use a hdmi cable for viewing on TV1. On the explora 1 i will only use rf out wire for viewing on TV3  (Tv link eye). My third decoder also an explora 2 will be in one of my sleeping rooms there i uses hdmi for TV4 rf out i will use 2 T splitters one for TV5,TV6 and TV7   

Diplexers are cheap, save yourself the complication and keep the HB separate given your now revealed potentially complex RF needs.

As you haven't asked for RF distribution help, I'll lastly add that I wish you all the best with it. But note that some of your first words could suggest you may end up with unwanted RF feedback on the Explora 1 (however reading it again I now don't think you mean to share Explora 1 with TV2 as well), and it's otherwise all hard to follow - so if any more is wanted from others perhaps attach a diagram. (Then use the Browse button for that when posting, the Photos button's pics can't be seen by others).

Highlighted
ARN
Doccie

Yes my primary explora 2 and explora 1 are in one room on the rf out port i will uses a cable for rf viewing on TV2 uses a T split for heartbeat to explora 1 and from explora 2 will use a hdmi cable for viewing on TV1. On the explora 1 i will only use rf out wire for viewing on TV3  (Tv link eye). My third decoder also an explora 2 will be in one of my sleeping rooms there i uses hdmi for TV4 rf out i will use 2 T splitters one for TV5,TV6 and TV7   

Red Carpet

Experience shows that the answer is, it depends on the cable distances between the decoders. If the primary Explora 2A and the Explora 1  are in the same room, then yes it should work. If in a different room, then the cable distances between the SLNB and the decoders could become an issue.

All the above assumes you are not going to distribute RF around the house to remote viewing points.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

Thanks for making it clearer - yes, the two HB systems can be used together so that will work fine.

(The only potential complication is if you plan to distribute any of the decoders' RF Output video signals to other rooms' TV's, then you would need to detail how and may need to hang on to the presumed SLX splitter.)

One last consideration if it's just the HB and no signal distribution of any type to other TV's - on the Primary 2A and Explora 1 it's believed better to set the menu for RF ports to the port being used;

Settings \ System Settings \ Remote Control \ RF Transmit Port

(When some sort of signal distribution is involved, it would need to be set to which RF port would carry the front panel (f/p) remote control relaying if that's in use.)

ARN
Doccie

OK I HEAR YOU BUT CANT MY SETUP LOOK LIKE THIS.

A. EXPLORA 2 - PRIMARY -ONE WIRE FROM UNICABLE PORT ON SLNB TO LNB IN.

B. EXPLORA 1 - SECONDARY - ONE WIRE FROM UNICABLE PORT ON SLNB TO LNB IN.

C. EXPLORA 2 - THIRD - ONE WIRE FROM UNICABLE PORT ON SLNB TO LNB IN.

XTRA VIEW SET UP

FOR HEARTBEAT I GONNA USE THE RF OUT PORT ON PRIMARY DECODER CONNECT TO RF IN ON EXPLORA 1 AND THE THIRD ONE DONT NEED HEARTBEAT WIRE CAUSE ITS WORKING FROM SLNB 

Red Carpet

I have bad news for you. Yes the SLNB route is the right way to go. And so is the decision to make one the Explora 2A's the primary. BUT the Explora 1 will still require a diplexer behind it to feed the HB into one of the RF ports.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
ARN
Doccie

Thanks for the help but i gonna throw out any splitters and switches and connect it straight from a slnb than make one of my explora 2s the primary and only need a wire to eplora 1 for heartbeat 

Red Carpet

As already asked, we need more detail about the switches you are referring to.

A few additional things we need to know.

If the switch is the original 5-2 switch, then note that this switch does NOT support HB  via LNB cabling at all.

Neither can this switch be used to provide connections to three decoders under XV.

Red Carpet

@ARN, I see you were back here but didn't post - so in case you're just going ahead, perhaps with the SLNB (Smart LNB), here's a bit more;

1. Replacing a LNB needs care so as not to shift anything, it's all very carefully aligned. Mark the position of the skew angle before removing the twin LNB.

2. All 3 Exploras will need a Unicable feed from the SLNB.

3a. You could buy a diplexer (available from Ellies / HD Cabling / Space TV etc.) and place it behind the Explora 1 like this: ANT --> One of the Explora's RF ports, SAT --> Explora's LNB In port, IO --> cable from SLNB (or from 24-1Z).

HB would then be automatically connected to all the decoders, and the call centre will make it work.

OR

3b. You could use one from each of the decoder's RF ports for a conventional HB connection as it looks like you were planning, then the diplexer is not needed... but you would need to answer my last question re the presumed SLX splitter for help with using that properly.

Red Carpet

It's best to make one of the 2A Exploras the Primary.

Using a Twin LNB is not a good idea anymore, Hi Band channels development is going to cause you to lose future channel access. Suggest a Smart LNB instead, which will also eliminate the need for a DStv Switch and current HB (heartbeat) concerns. (If any conduit space is a problem then there's further options.)

In the meantime;

@ARN wrote:

...thru a dstv swith 2*4 unicable out ports.

Whatever you mean by this odd description, from DStv with 4 unicable outputs must mean you have the 24-1Z Smart Switch which is how you need to refer to it.

@ARN wrote:

My biggest problem is the heartbeat cables thru a heartbeat switch 3in 2 out ports could sombody please help how to connect heartbeat cables thru this switch .

Please supply the make and model number, and how it is being used in detail. Perhaps this is an SLX splitter?

You should then have given enough info for further help from someone with your current equipment, all the best with it.