Need help?

XTRA VIEW WITH THREE DECODERS

SOLVED
8 REPLIES 8
Red Carpet

Re: XTRA VIEW WITH THREE DECODERS

@tmadaba wrote:

hie

if i connect a forth tv will it recieve all three channels ,from the rf out of the extraview decoders  if i change the uhf frequencies 

Only for decoders with RF outputs, and if you have a suitable RF distribution setup. Note that new 5 series decoders DO NOT HAVE RF demodulators, so these decoders cannot distribute RF easily.

The Explora 1, Explora 2A, HD single view 4U and 4S decoders all have RF outputs.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Highlighted
Nominee

@tmadaba wrote:

hie

if i connect a forth tv will it recieve all three channels ,from the rf out of the extraview decoders  if i change the uhf frequencies 

It should. Amplification may be needed depending on the setup, but I suggest you try it first and see how far you can get.

Also note that if you have any 5 series decoders then its RF requires special instructions.

If you need more help, best to start your own thread to avoid confusion by clicking here:

https://community.dstv.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/Installation_Error_Codes

New poster

hie

Nominee

@Jan-Horn wrote:
...5U decoders does not have RF in or RF out ports so you cannot connect a Diplexer on their side.

That could confuse some so here's a bit more. A diplexer is sometimes used with those decoders, but in a different way, and not at all needed in this case.

------------

And for those of us who like the details - the HB system in use for this kind of install is called Uniview, which we don't know a lot about except that it seems to receive (or transmit) RF frequency type HB directly via those decoders' Unicable ports along with those port's normal higher frequency use.

This seems to be so as the Explora 1's use of a diplexer will combine such RF frequency HB which is what the 5 series then receives in that case - which is sometimes too sensitive to work with 2 x 5 series decoders.

BoxOffice

The Explora 2A has a build in Diplexer so it will transmit the HB signal to the SLNB. The %U decoders does not have RF in or RF out ports so you cannot connect a Diplexer on their side. As Optimist said check with DStv to ensure the third extra view has been activated and set up. Also check the connections to the LNB to ensure that there is no cable fault causing the problem. Herewith the frequincies for the various indexes for a cross check Explora 2A User Index: O Frq: 1210 User Index: 1 Frq: 1420 User Index: 2 Frq: 1680 HD Decoder 5U User Index: 3 Frq: 2040 User Index: 4 Frq: 1006 HD Decoder 5U User Index: 5Frq: 1057 User Index: 6 Frq: 1108
Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
ARN
Doccie

So the setup is correct no duplexers or anything it must work. The frequencies are change but still that E16. Somebody tould me that there must be a duplexer for one of that model 5u decoders. 

Nominee

Correct, HB (HeartBeat) will work via the SLNB.

Re the User Bands - Jan mentioned the Indexes, also note that each Index has a unique frequency so ensure the correct frequency is used in each case.

If all 7 are already all different then you shouldn't need to change anything.

Two other possible problems;

1. If an older XV (XtraView) arrangement hadn't been cancelled properly first, then that first needs attention by MC.

2. Some 5 series decoders had a bug. I don't think yours, think it was the 5s model, but ask them to check which - if that is a problem you'll have to take that decoder in, and then keep the others powered on and connected at home.

BoxOffice

Check for user band conflicts. You should leave the Explora 2A at its default settings of user bands 0 1 & 2 The two secondary decoders can be set to user user bands 3 & 4 for the first secondary and 5 & 6 for the second secondary. The Model 5u have two receivers and each receivers should be set to a dedicated user band
Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
ARN
Doccie

XTRA VIEW WITH THREE DECODERS

I help my neighbour with xtraview installation. Thats what the setup looks like.

1. Explora 2 as primary

2. Model 5u as secondary(no smartcard)

3. Model 5u as secondary(no smartcard)

4. Slnb outside : Port A wire to Explora, Port B wire to secondary and Port C wire to third decoder.

My Explora and third decorder is playing but my second are not working got an E16. Theres no heartbeat cables cause theres no ports for it i exepted that heartbeat with model 5u decoders is working thru Slnb ???