Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Xtra View Add On

SOLVED
18 REPLIES 18
Showmaxed

Re: Xtra View Add On

Here's a new thread about the subject in the Tech Info section: Theories re HB via SLNB & 24-1Z

Showmaxed

@Atomworks wrote:

Would this diagram still work if I remove the explora 2?

There is a risk that it won't work as the Explora 1 is using unicable HB via a diplexer whereas the 5 series is using its unique "Uniview" system - similar but not the same.

With the Explora 2A in the mix there is less of a concern, although something similar enough didn't work for that mixed arrangement either when tested by MC's field services dept.

With no 2A which is the only other decoder that is designed for working with it, not sure how well Uniview can work, if at all.

If you try it, please let us know the outcome.

EDIT: A few days later in another thread, he confirmed trying it - it worked, although in this case with an unconventional HB feed approach.

Red Carpet

Yes it would except then the Explora 1 should be connected to port A which is the main port for power to the SLNB.

IF there is an Explora 2A best to connect it to port A.

If there is only an Explora 1, connect it to port A.

If there is only a HD decoder connected connect it to Port A.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Anime

Would this diagram still work if I remove the explora 2?

New poster

Geoff --> I understand you also one of the king of cables here. Thanks also for your input.

Love my Inverto Satcr but I will go the SLNB route.

Thanks again Jan

Speak soon

Red Carpet

A note about SaTCR LNBs.

In theory they should work just as well BUT you cannot route HB via the LNB. You would need a separate old style XV HB cable between the decoders and a Diplexer behind the 5S.

And probably quite a bit of experimenting and lots of patience. So using the SLNB or, a Quad LNB  plus a 24-1Z switch is the more practical solution.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

Correct Jan. This is the correct way for these decoders. Especially using UBs 3,4 for the 5S as we have found by trial and error that the 5S seems to have restricted access to the UBs that can be used.

Showmaxed

@Luke7777 wrote:

A sticky for this thread might be in order.. or at least a new thread containing only these kind of diagrams. Makes it so much easier to point someone to a thread, rather having to repost . 

We've considered some of that in the past, mostly wouldn't really help as every installation is a bit different and often has too many differences.

Some stickies would be helpful though, but MC told me that they can't have third party people (us) "taking official credit" (stickies in our names) for any info supplied on their forum... and it's even less likely now with this "downgraded" forum.

BoxOffice

A sticky for this thread might be in order.. or at least a new thread containing only these kind of diagrams. Makes it so much easier to point someone to a thread, rather having to repost . 

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
BoxOffice

Thanks for the input B I have edited the diagram and corrected the UB index error. Also deleted the termination terminal from the universal port and edited various other notes for clarity. Herewith the corrected diagram 

Explroa 2A   Explora 1  5S installation .jpg

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab