Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Xtraview decoder

SOLVED
7 REPLIES 7

Re: ACCOUNT SUSPENDEd

Hi @Owoeye

We have have responded to your other post, via the same issue. 

View solution in original post

New poster

Re: ACCOUNT SUSPENDEd

7026914378..please help..

Red Carpet

Re: Xtraview decoder

4-series decoders are not easy to get except maybe second hand.

5-series and the new 6-series is what is available.

Both can be connected to a universal LNB port in a MUD installation, BUT full functionality is not then possible. as an 1131 decoder user, you will not notice anything without understanding what is possible.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM

View solution in original post

New poster

Thank you very much for the info, amobia suggested i get the explora but I don't need fancy stuff, so it is true that I have to take both decoders to be linked? Funny that amobia did not tell me that😠 if the 1131does not work ill also get the 4U,pity one cannot just buy a new one and plug it in😕

Red Carpet

The HD4U can be set as a Primary decoder. The 1131 decoder can be set as a Secondary decoder. It is an unusual combination.

Both decoders can work with a Universal LNB connection. The 1131 decoder  CANNOT make use of an SLNB Unicable feed.

So now it depends on what type of MUD antenna feed is available. Those details are only available from the BC.

You would probably be better off if you did take both decoders to MC to do the XV combination, given that it is such an unusual combination. Trying to do it through the call centre will be a nightmare. 

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Lol thanks I know now the main one is a HD 4U and the Xtraview one is a dsd1131.went to multichoice today and they told me you have to bring in both units so they can link the two?? Huh, seriously? That is now if my one can be linked. 

Everything is setup already but they told me i need an explora for the Xtraview  so I am not sure now 

Red Carpet

The BC  of the complex in which you live must give you the settings required to connect decoders to a fibre based satellite feed setup. Then you will be able to establish which decoders will work with the setup.

BTW  your description of the decoders you have is terrible. Surely you are able to tell us what model decoder is? There is a label on the front, a sticker on the back or underneath, and on the info screen the details are also available.

Highlighted
New poster

Xtraview decoder

We have a fibre connection with the main decoder a normal dsd the black one, I have the Xtraview connection also with an even older dsd silver one, but it is not picking up the signal, what decoder do I need please??