Did you mean: 
Need help?

Xtraview nightmare!

49 REPLIES 49
Nominee

Re: Xtraview nightmare!

Are you accredited by MC?

Thanks, will check it later at the client.

Highlighted
BoxOffice

I take it that you are using the same LNB as the other two decoders. When you use the quick setup guide and you choose a different Decode options it often give you that message. Be patient and wait for a while until the signal indicators show that it has switched over to the new user bands. When you then exit and rescan it should pick up the new user bands

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab

It worked.I removed the diplexer which I had connected incorrectly anyway. The Primary 2a decorder is on the default settings and I only changed the secondary settings only and it worked. Thank you all.

I have one question though, A HDS6 decorder(stand alone) was installed and worked but suddenly it is giving a no signal error message and the signal is way above 80% and quality at 90%. I have run quick installation and it says " the function cannot be performed due to weak signal or poor installation". But when I connect another decoder (DSD 3U) which I use for testing and it works super on that signal. what could be the problem or what can I do to have it running?

Nominee

This has become a popular thread, so newcomers also please note that most setups have some differences so best not to expect that other solutions with similar aspects will fully apply to you.

It's often best to make your own new thread.

Red Carpet

Please take note of the differences!

With an Explora 1, a diplexer IS required.

With an Explora 2A, a diplexer is NOT required IF both decoders are connected to Unicable ports.

A diplexer is ONLY required in special circumstances, and IF the 6S is connected to the Universal port on the SLNB.  A connection to the universal port is not the correct way to get full functionality out of a 6S decoder.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
BoxOffice

@Essdinstallatio wrote:

Hi, I am also having night mares with extraview installation but I took your answers for a installation check up and hopefully I will be able to resolve my issues. By notice of your recomendations of the Diplexer connection, I see that I have it wrong as I have the LMX 501 LNB connected to the Primary explora2a decoder and the diplexer at the back of HD S6 decoder as secondary with the Sat port connected to the cable from the dish and the in/out connected to the LNB port on the HD S6 decorder(secondary). there is a clash at this point in time because the primary decoder freezes and the secondary also freezes. I will come back with the answer after I have implemented your suggestions. Thank you.

With an Explora 2A HD 6S and  SLNB 501 combination you do not need a diplexer. The heart beat is pushed through the LNB

Connect the Explora 2A the unicable port A and the HD 6S to unisable port B.

Used the Quick setup wizard and choose decoder 1 for the Explora 2A and Decoder 2 for the 6S to ensure you do not have any user index band conflicts between the two decoders. Do the user band indexes one at a time with the other decoder switched off. 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Doccie

Hi

Try and reverse the lnb and sat connections. Lnb to your lnb and sat to your decoder. 

Are you sure you have a diplexer? 😂

Hi, I am also having night mares with extraview installation but I took your answers for a installation check up and hopefully I will be able to resolve my issues. By notice of your recomendations of the Diplexer connection, I see that I have it wrong as I have the LMX 501 LNB connected to the Primary explora2a decoder and the diplexer at the back of HD S6 decoder as secondary with the Sat port connected to the cable from the dish and the in/out connected to the LNB port on the HD S6 decorder(secondary). there is a clash at this point in time because the primary decoder freezes and the secondary also freezes. I will come back with the answer after I have implemented your suggestions. Thank you.

Doccie

Indeed - Guess I should be grateful I didnt get scammed into another callout and it just cost me an extra R125 for a real diplexer. 

Thanks again all