Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

dstv made radical

7 REPLIES 7
Red Carpet

Re: dstv made radical

Ja.  So many shows that were a staple diet for us on Easyview have now gone so far south.

Show the wife has watched with a dedication that is scary are now gone off our list.

7de Laan finally tonight tipped the scales.  The new script writers are a bunch of phychos.

I have just cleaned up and deleted that one from our schedules tonight.  Apart from "Days", this local show has been a permanent fixture on the PVRs we have had since the SD PVR came into being. One more year of subscription on DStv, then my credit will be gone and the PVRs will become doorstops.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Action

@GeoffD wrote:

The only program left to watch is noot vir noot. 

And Johan Stemmet is leaving...

Trending

@Cya_DStv1 - the point being made is that the channels MC decided to acquire are not sufficient and do not cover enough genres. It is not a question of what the current channels are showing as much as it is a question of which channels MC are making available to us - and this IS in your hands. There are many channels available that cover the missing genres yet we get 8 channels all focusing on 2 or 3 genres.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Highlighted
Doin' it 4 Tv

Totally understand but as stated, we get the music videos as they are due to the channels selecting their own playlists. Also not referring to DMX. We get those playlists as they are as Multichoice.

Red Carpet

Correct Krugie. The video channels are now ALL these show the same cr@p. We have not watched any of these channels in years. And the "music" programs on the other channels are the same, just not suitable. The only program left to watch is noot vir noot. 

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Trending

@Cya_DStv1 - I beg to differ and completely agree with @meobeou. He is referring to the video channels - not DMX - and most certainly all genres are NOT catered for.  There is no channel featuring current hits in the pop, alternative or rock genres and this has been brought up many times in the past. All the music video channels lean towards more R&B style music, catering for similar tastes.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Doin' it 4 Tv

@meobeou
We have various channels to cater for all genre of music. The playlist is compiled by each channel based on their research to meet the needs of their target audiences. As MultiChoice, we do not compile music for them but give a platform which is DStv to play the collection.

Viewer

dstv made radical

Why has dstv made radical changes to Channels 321/2/5/6/7? There seems to be a concerted effort to block out mainstream artists by means of an Africanistion of all the channels. I have no problem showcasing local & African music, although I must admit that I am not a huge fan, but all the channels? What has happened to music from Dua Lupo; Maroon 5; Imagine Dragon; Taylor Swift; Charlie Puth; Demi Lovato; Pharrel Williams; Rhianna; Panic! At the Disco; Halsey; Ariana; The Chainsmokers; Marshmallow; 21 Savages; etc etc etc? At age 64 I am an anomoly in that I really live for the current batch of music and channel 325 used to be my go-to source but by and large mainstream artists have become an afterthought. I would be very interested in a response

Lee!