Did you mean: 
Need help?

eTV - messed up Aspect Ratio

SOLVED
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Red Carpet

Re: eTV - messed up Aspect Ratio

Yes noticed this as well over the weekend.  Quite a few movies were not displaying correctly and no amount of fiddling with the AR settings corrected it either. Ch 194, 195 was affected.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

Possibly done on purpose for poorer viewers with older 4:3 CRT TVs? Works perfectly for that ;-)

(But was "normal" a couple of days ago.)

Has anybody here got DTT? Would be interesting to hear if that option's still "normal".

(And OpenView / Freevision (Sentech) options.)

---------------------------

One other thing while I'm here - I no longer monitor for things like new DStv transponders, perhaps others want to keep an eye open for that kind of thing.

Showmaxed

Correction - just checked and I'm not seeing the problem on DStv ch. 194, only on that analogue transmission, and can now confirm it's the same on Jo'burg analogue.

Showmaxed

eTV - messed up Aspect Ratio

@Mods  , please let eTV know that their main channel (DStv 194) is currently always set to an invalid aspect ratio this morning.

This has been confirmed on their Pretoria analogue terrestrial transmission, so is not caused by anything at MC.

What they've done is horizontally stretched everything into the "cinemascope" aspect ratio that's similar to what one finds in a cinema. This causes everything to look like short fat people, even in their advertising.

Many thanks