Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

no signal on connecting xtra view

8 REPLIES 8
New poster

Re: no signal on connecting xtra view

All working again Thanks again for your help. PS The MC call center is  not knowledgeable with this kind of assistance needed. 

Red Carpet

Thanks, Jan for the diagram, Apologies for the mistake with the UBs!  The dangers of a cut and paste!

Glad you came right. Yes, all functionality will be as normal.

Now just note, IF ONLY MC will NOT mess up things with poorly run update processes, NONE of these problems would have occurred!

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Hi jan.

I have tried your settings as per the picture.  This seems to work. But the wife needs to confirm the full functions like record/catch up etc. The picture is stable on both explores and signal/ faulty connection has disappeared. Seems the frequency settings from Geoff were ok. but the secret seems the UB settings. Thank you Geoff and Jan will keep you posted on the wife's findings. :-)

BoxOffice

Herewith the user band settings for the 5-2 switch 

5-2 Switch.JPG

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
New poster

HI Geoff,

Changed the settings and verified after reboot.

No luck. I get no signal on the secondary on tuner 1 and 2 on the Frequencies 1892 and 2040.

Red Carpet

That confirms that an sw update reset the decoder to defaults. You must reset the Secondary to use the UBs I listed for the secondary.

Switch OFF the Primary decoder.

reboot the secondary.

Go to the network settings option and find the manual setting screen.

Change the UBs as per my original post

Save the settings

Then reboot the decoder and confirm those settings.

Then you can switch on both again

Secondary:
Tuner 1: UB 3; Freq 1892
Tuner 2: UB 4; Freq 2040
Tuner 3: UB 2; Freq 1680

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Hi Geoff 

Both decoders have indeed the same settings as the primary 

Primary:

Tuner 1: UB 0; Freq 1210

Tuner 2: UB 1; Freq 1420

Surely this will give a conflict. 

I have tried to change these to the settings given by you. As are reboots on the decoders. but this gives no signal at all on the secondary. If I power of one decoder then the other one works fine until it misses the HB.

Any other suggestions are most welcome. 

Highlighted
Red Carpet

Yes, it was probably triggered by an update that messed up the unique UB settings needed to work with 5-2 Switch. MC is incredibly careless about sw updates and very often end up defaulting decoders to default settings in the process.

Go to the primary network settings and verify what the UB settings are for tuners, 1, 2, 3.

Table them in a reply to this thread. Do this by switching OFF the secondary decoder and see if the Primary reboots and works on its own.

Then repeat the process for the Secondary by switching OFF the primary. That decoder should complete the reboot process and allow you to view channels for about 30 minutes without a valid HB.

The Explora 1 and 2 decoders are supposed to be able to share the same UB settings for tuner 3. It would be great IF you can confirm if that is in fact still true.

Primary:

Tuner 1: UB 0; Freq 1210

Tuner 2: UB 1; Freq 1420

Secondary:

Tuner 1: UB 3; Freq 1892
Tuner 2: UB 4; Freq 2040

Tuner 3 is the ONLY tuner that can share UBs and frequencies between decoders.

You CANNOT use the setup installation wizards to setup decoders on a 5-2 switch. You have to set up the UBs and frequencies manually.

New poster

no signal on connecting xtra view

Please help

I have exlora1 and a explora 2 connected to a multi switch 5/2 with extra view enabled.

standard dual LNB 001-L09-206 / LO9,75/10.6 GHz from aerial king

original it were 2 explora 1 decoders but slave packed up. replaced with explora2

explora 1 is the primary and explora 2 secondary. this setup worked fine until a few days ago.

I can only connect one decoder on the switch to have full signal and as soon i connect the second one ,Both decoders display no signal /faulty connection etc. with picture on /of in between.

Checked all cables , seem ok HB cable is in place.

Was there a software upgrade ?. Is there a incompatability problem ?.