Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Da Vinci Kids coming soon to DStv?

8 REPLIES 8
Showmaxed

Re: Da Vinci Kids coming soon to DStv?

Ok, I'll now tidy up from my side with what is known, or strongly suspected.

Re Da Vinci Kids' potential future availability - it's possible that that's why they have made it visible - it's a complex task setting up new channels on their back-end system, so I suspect that as it is known to be possible that we may get a channel like this later they then sometimes "pre-prepare" it for that as well to save themselves from major future bother.

@Insidus wrote:

...Many people are picking up this channel besides me and I'm still trying to figure out why Zambezi Magic, Diamond TV and the rest of those African channels are on our platform if you know those that have DStv Premium won't have access to the entertainment. 

I think the same thinking could apply to Zambezi Magic - it's available everywhere else that uses our satellites so may get launched here later.

The problem with this logic MC, if I've understood your reasoning correctly, is that although Zambezi Magic isn't likely to attract much attention, as you've seen making something like Da Vinci Kids visible is going to largely do so...

You also mentioned "Diamond TV" - that's one of the 8 in the faulty group I mentioned earlier - there's likely no excuse for those "secondaries" being visible, certainly the "primary-regional" other channels involved have all always been hidden, for many years... except for Swaziland, but as that's sometimes technically considered a "satellite country" to S.A. it may be due to some plans for it re international broadcast rights.

The Mozambique regional channel was covered in another thread, but that's now only seen on some decoders and no longer accessible here to anyone AFAIK.

Lastly, the listing of a couple of ROA (Rest Of Africa) sport channels are visible.

220 SD & HD is their Blitz channel and was always included in our listing since they separated the sports services.

224 is their 204 - this one was only made visible recently, and also for both the SD and HD versions, who knows why... maybe soccer fans are still accusing them of bias between S.A. and ROA, so they're being transparent?

Anyway, it's confusing MC.

(While we're at it - you may ask what else does southern ROA have exclusively? There's only a few more of their channels on our satellites, and believe me we're not missing anything there. Most are just ROA equivalents of some of the things we have, like Nicelodeon and eTV.)

Doccie

I hope you add the channel in the near future since the content is far better than what Mindset offers but I get it MultiChoice is more focused on those two new channels so it might be possible for them to launch it later but do include this channel in South Africa you managed to extend PBS Kids at the last minute along with History and Lifetime,  I hope you do launch Da Vinci Kids otherwise you're really losing out on a valuable channel.

Noted, we will pass this on to the relevant parties.

Showmaxed

Thanks @ltshizane_DStv1

Please could you pass on that they're being extremely careless with their country coding these days, which is certainly confusing.

For instance - the listing of 8 of the 10 of the Hi Band secondary-regional channels for other southern African countries are visible to all who are set up for Hi Band. (The only two that were done properly are those involved from Botswana.)

Hi everyone, we have just received confirmation that the channel will launch on the 12th of November in several African territories and will not be added to any packages in SA.

Showmaxed

Further potential proof - this Facebook article announced that the channel recently went dead on S.A.'s free OpenViewHD satellite service, the kind of thing that could easily be part of the contractual expectations for S.A. DStv inclusion.

https://www.facebook.com/778011935682984/posts/unfortunately-da-vinci-kids-goes-dark-on-openview-new...

Showmaxed

Looks like you're probably right @Insidus 

Channel 118 "Da Vinci Kids" was added to our channels this evening. It's not on yet, but unless they've made a valid-countries-access mistake (unlikely) it should launch here as well soon, usually within a couple of days but could take closer to a week.

There was mention elsewhere of the now 2 new channels planned being discussed by mid month.

Doccie

Here's the feedback on the channel you guys can decide what to believe:

-According to TVSA, the channel launches on DStv outside of South Africa

-According to DStv SA on Facebook, 1)There's no confirmed date on the launch 2)Its a new channel for the rest of Africa 3)Stay tuned for more updates

-According to tvplus magazine, the channel launches in Kenya ONLY

-According to MultiChoice in neighboring countries, 1)Stay tuned for more updates 2) Redirected to Kenya

-According to DStv Care, They don't what's happening and said stay tuned for more updates

-According to Da Vinci Kids, MultiChoice is in many countries and are still in talks to launch in South Africa and hope to be on the platform

-According to DStv Kenya, the channel launches November 13 on the Family package

------

I'll go with Da Vinci Kids on this one with the inaccuracies I've experienced with MultiChoice I'd rather believe the channel supplier. Many people are picking up this channel besides me and I'm still trying to figure out why Zambezi Magic, Diamond TV and the rest of those African channels are on our platform if you know those that have DStv Premium won't have access to the entertainment. 

Doccie

Da Vinci Kids coming soon to DStv?

Found this on my i-Plate a while ago did some research and guess what its Da Vinci Kids the same Da Vinci Kids which is currently on Starsat/StarTimes and Openview. Is this one of the two new channels DStv will be announcing soon. It carries certain things DStv mentioned History, Documentaries and Factual Content. Basically its a kids version of Discovery Channel. It wouldn't shock me if its one of the two remember Animal Planet's replacement Real Time on channel 155. This is a drastic move for one the kids will be happy but those who actually watch History, Lifetime and Crime & Investigation how will they feel. I'm just a concerned subscriber in absolute shock right now.