cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

PBS Kids coming to DStv?

Showmaxed

Re: PBS Kids coming to DStv?

Don't miss my last response on the last page.

@Insidus wrote:

According to DStv Care, the channel numbers were changed after the launch of their new Intelsat 20 (IS-20),

That's likely nonsense, they often don't have a clue and make guesses unfortunately as we've also proven many times.

IS20 was launched years ago now, and has never been seen to influence channel numbers... the numbers very rarely ever change anymore, and the only mystery is what hidden use there is of them in ROA and particularly in northern ROA as well which often (unusually) do share at least that tech factor with us.

Doccie

Remember Newzroom Afrika, TNT and those etv channels I remember also launched a few days before they made an official announcement. But I'll still consider your suggestion.

Doccie

According to DStv Care, the channel numbers were changed after the launch of their new Intelsat 20 (IS-20),

Showmaxed

Thanks. I see it's also in the actual TV Guide section under Children, so looking like you're right... but still not certain as they do make many mistakes as well, even listing it early is not supposed to happen :-/

And if it is right, could launch weeks later than ROA as we've also seen happen before.

Doccie

You can find it on guide.dstv.com/channels you'll see PBS Kids mysteriously listed as 313.

Showmaxed

No, I'm wrong about that one, 319 is available elsewhere so not a further clue.

That's probably all from me.

Showmaxed

@Insidus  , can't see detail in your pic properly, give us more info please.

Is it a S.A. site? Looks like it as it mentions 319 Mindset Learn, which I think is SA only (but not sure).

If so, it could just be planned to add it to DStv Now only, that part of the service does already have a few channels that aren't on the decoders as well. They also don't announce that separate stuff much.

Showmaxed

Who knows... all guesswork, but maybe you'll find out by Wed. if the Ethiopia info fully applies  ;-)

There's no announcement on the info pages for dstv.co.za (.com)

I can confirm 312 is real and that version is only for ROA (they don't get our 305 version).

Doccie

Okay, why did MultiChoice SA suddenly change PBS Kids channel number? 

Like really it went from channel 318 to 313. Nickelodeon (ROA) is on 312 probably due to the focus on live-action with eToonz (SA) being 311. Is this just a coincidence? 

Showmaxed

By "i-Plate", he means within the test channel section which can't be seen unless you make certain changes to the decoder environment.

Sometimes things aren't coded properly re country availability, MC are full of making mistakes, so don't be too sure unless announced. But it does mean it's on our group of satellites as well, so will at least be for some or all neighbouring southern African countries (Ethiopia is on the more-northern-used group of satellites, which often do something quite different to here).